Dumaguete Info Search

Vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by eskirvin, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I'm not sure what your misconception is. Doesn't look like you understood the methodology. I could help you understand it. What do you mean by "change how they counted deaths" and "directly die from covid"? I'm not understanding what you mean by indirect deaths.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You posted the link/source. The website said they changed the way they are going to count covid deaths (which would result in much higher death counts).

4. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Not responsive. So focus on this one- "(which included people who didn't die directly from covid)." Explain what you mean by didn't directly die from covid.

5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    From the link you provided:
    It goes on to say:
    You then go on to post numbers from this same website showing a conflict with their "total covid deaths" and government's official numbers. The website, by their own admission, is counting covid deaths differently than governments are counting them. This is not a conspiracy to cover up deaths or a flaw with government reporting. It is one website deciding they are going to count covid deaths differently than everyone else.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And WTF has marital status to do with vaccination (unless it was for anti-nagging)?

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Must've been banned. No one said it is a conspiracy to cover up deaths or a flaw in government reporting. It is actually a website saying that certain things haven't been taken into account, and here's the figures with those things taken into account from my quick review. These adjustments are debated over, to account for unknown deaths. There are excess indirect deaths that occur when people won't go to hospitals for whatever reason, or die due to postponed operations, etc., due to no room at the ICU. Most gov reporting won't include those. I was surprised how many people died at home in Britain during the first two waves. They had a good record of that. But the estimates due to covid varied a bit. If you tossed out the top ones that looked like overestimating, it was still sizeable. Enough for anyone to raise an eyebrow. The CDC, etc., are conservative and stickig with ~50,000 Covid deaths unrecorded, and not estimating the deaths due to people not wanting to go to hospitals, or deaths due to postponement, etc., but acknowledge they happen. So I stick with the CDC for USA, but know there's more. This is something nerds appreciate, so you should just skip it. Adios.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DS3

DS3 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with you Rye83. I have some problems with this "campaign" and decision process. Especially when told that "I have no choice". Crazy.

9. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    got the same and felt VERY dizzy the next day / 24 hrs, after that no more problems...so far, until today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Excuse me picking up on the point of "until today" (also used as 'until now'). I see that as meaning 'I was okay BUT today I am not' but some (especially Filipinos) see it as 'I am still okay'. How do others see that expression?

I should make clear that I am not being critical of tuba-coma (whom I admire) but it is a point I often have interesting discussions about with expats and Filipinos.

Notmyrealname
    This message by Notmyrealname has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021