Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: vaccinations

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No, it doesn't. These "leaders" (they aren't leaders, they are the scum of the earth...politicians) should know all about these issues since they are from the country they are leading. I never implied that the US or UK had good leadership. They absolutely don't and these issues are not an excuse for their p*ss poor decisions.

Some countries have citizens that respect authority and/or believe in their leadership. It is much easier to implement rules when you have that. The more diverse a country's demographics and wealth disparity the less chance you are going to be able to get anyone to agree on anything.

Find funding, eh? Sounds simple but you are aware that politicians are the ones that have to do that, right? When have politicians ever done anything to benefit the average person without the average person getting close to revolting against them? Politicians protect their power first, then the rich and then the crumbs go to the people who actually keep everything working.

Contact tracing in a country that doesn't trust their government and isolating people who value personal freedom above almost everything else? Good luck with that.

"Puleece State!! But muh freedum! I no muh rites!"

You underestimate just how many idiots there are in the world.

Cool, who is going to pay for that? 40% of Americans don't even have enough money saved up for a $400 surprise expense. Millions have no insurance, millions more have sky high deductibles.

No long term testing? Guess we force everyone to be a guinea pig.

Yup, the leadership sucks in both the US and the UK. However the economic losses were going to be enormous even if they did exactly as you stated above. There is just no way around it. Fear does that.

You really think those rules could have been implemented in the US without major protests and a guaranteed loss in the upcoming elections?

Not sure that is possible. There are very few people in this world that I respect less than that "man". He is an embarrassment to the human race and I can't think of one redeemable trait.

While your ideas may work they are a simple solution to a complex problem and lack understanding of the nuance in policy making and implementation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wish you would have shared this wisdom with everyone back on January 1 or 15, then all of this could have been avoided.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Here is something I found ............
    How long do babies carry their mother's immunity?
    During the last 3 months of pregnancy, antibodies from the mother are passed to her unborn baby through the placenta.

This type of immunity is called passive immunity because the baby has been given antibodies rather than making them itself.

Antibodies are special proteins the immune system produces to help protect the body against bacteria and viruses.

The amount and type of antibodies passed to the baby depends on the mother's immunity.

For example, if the mother has had chickenpox, she'll have developed immunity against the condition and some of the chickenpox antibodies will be passed to the baby.

But if the mother hasn't had chickenpox, the baby won't be protected.

Immunity in newborn babies is only temporary and starts to decrease after the first few weeks or months.

Breast milk also contains antibodies, which means that babies who are breastfed have passive immunity for longer.

The thick yellowish milk (colostrum) produced for the first few days following birth is particularly rich in antibodies.

Premature babies are at higher risk of developing an illness because their immune systems aren't as strong and they haven't had as many antibodies passed to them.

As newborn immunity is only temporary, it's important to begin childhood immunisations when your baby is 2 months old. This applies to babies who are either premature or full-term.

The first immunisation, given when your baby is 2 months old, includes whooping cough and Hib (haemophilus influenza type b) because immunity to these conditions decreases the fastest.

Passive immunity to measles, mumps and rubella can last for up to a year, which is why the MMR vaccine is given just after your baby's first birthday

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Well, if that is true how is that some countries have such a low infection and death rate per capita and those countries got the same information as everyone else but made much better use of it. The someone else just ignored good information until it was too late and thus made the task of turning it around that much harder. Dont blame the WHO. Blame those who at the start ignored the info.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    No need to worry about that. This obscure island in a poor country will itself be near "end of the line" for access to a vaccine. There will be plenty of time to assess its effectiveness and side effects before you even get to line up at Watsons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They got garbage info in from the source, plus the Director is a bought and paid for, not even a medical doctor, from the Chinese. So everyone got garbage information and everyone's models were way off. So your "someone else" was no better informed than anyone else except President Xi.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tax refugee

Tax refugee DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    HI ya
    FYI
    If you need vaccinations try looking up and contacting medical centers in the Philippines that carry out medical checks and required vac's for OFW's and seaman. Supper care in Cebu is a company I've use in the past.

Remember the tree of life is self pruning, the retarded will fall off. (Anti Vac's) :-)

Tax refugee
    This message by Tax refugee has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Philippines had a polio outbreak in Oct. 2019. I got a notice from the US Embassy that Philippines possibly would require vaccination for polio for anyone here for more than four weeks before leaving the country. This was from a recommendation by the WHO. The Philippines didn't do it but they could have. Here is the WHO recommendation from the CDC page the embassy sent.
    <>
    "Polio outbreaks have been reported in the following Asian countries (map):

• Afghanistan
    • Burma (Myanmar)
    • China
    • Indonesia
    • Malaysia
    • Pakistan
    • Papua New Guinea
    • The Philippines
    The World Health Organization recommends that these countries require residents and long-term (4 weeks or more) visitors show proof of polio vaccination before leaving the country."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. filmguy

filmguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 7
    Blood Type:
    A+
    this is for all the expats who keep telling me the medical care here is as good as in the states. my wife needs some vaccinations for her medical regarding her visa. after being turned away at holy pay she went over to silliman only to find out they don't carry polio vaccine or influenza type b. keep in mind she has already had these as a child but has to redo them just for the documentation required. with a little more questions we come to find out that they might have them but want to save it for the children. why is that an option? now I have to figure out where to get these vaccinations. when the vaccination for this covid comes out you better get in line first.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This looks like are friend justice911 is back again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1