Dumaguete Info Search

vaccinations

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by filmguy, May 19, 2020.

1. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    That opinion is you prerogative to state but in my opinion the WHO acted in accordance with the information they had at that time, more than I can say about some else I must add.

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    We all have our opinions. The WHO is a science based organization for the most part. I tend to believe them more or less but not completely.
    At the start of the virus outbreak they said "masks are not really that helpful". Flu and cold are spread partly by coughing and sneezing, that much I knew. So the no mask recommendation made no sense. If they had told people they were important there would have been Global Panic (IMO) because masks were not widely available.

Lately There has been a lot of criticism of the WHO from some groups. It's occurred to me that I have not seen any statements directly from the WHO. Everything is nothing more than a sound bite brought to us by our favorite media outlet.

I won't fault anyone's opinion as we are all "victims" of the Media we follow.

Slightly off topic and for your musical enjoyment I have attached a link to a song from the early 1980 with some relevance to the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Are the Chinese speaking for the WHO?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They got garbage info in from the source, plus the Director is a bought and paid for, not even a medical doctor, from the Chinese. So everyone got garbage information and everyone's models were way off. So your "someone else" was no better informed than anyone else except President Xi.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You could have eliminated the word "nonsense" and I would have agreed perhaps. You are living in a country where religion is not "nonsense" to a vast majority. That might be considered "insensitive" diba?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I'm not going to give an honest response to that, as that would be, yet again, digressing from the topic of the thread.

So let's get back to vaccinations shall we?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You are joking, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    I reckon we'll all be living with this CV for a while. Not everyone gets 'flu or even the common cold, and when we do hardly ever is it fatal. Now if we have some underlying poor medical health, cold,'flu and the CV are looking for a weakness in your system. Best is to live healthy, if you can't, beware, there's another kid on the block to get us! Good forbid that I would end up in a hospital in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Good Idea.
    When they come out with a vaccine for Covid-19 I will be at the back of the line. The very back.
    There are so many conflicting articles out there. Some are obvious garbage, some end with "we have to save lives" others end with "the economy must be saved". A few articles seem to be science based but honestly the are above my pay grade. My background is mostly math, physics and electrical.

There was a hearing in Congress last week. Dr. Fauci testified; The CDC has an office in China, they work very closely with the Chinese virus people studying viruses. Fauci was personally aware of Covid-19 on January 03, 2020. My opinion is the governments of the world sat around trying to decide if their country would be effected. The virus was running rampant through Italy and nations around the world didn't do a d*mn thing.

For weeks all we here is China Bad, China hid the facts. It's bio-warfare and on and on ...gag me with a spoon for F sake.

There is a huge push to develop a vaccine. I'm afraid we will have some half baked solution thrust upon us unsuspecting people. Truth is a scarce commodity lately.

I have faith in the scientists in the back room working away. Unfortunately they are not the people doing all the talking.

I'm not willing to subject myself to a politically driven vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    No need to worry about that. This obscure island in a poor country will itself be near "end of the line" for access to a vaccine. There will be plenty of time to assess its effectiveness and side effects before you even get to line up at Watsons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1