Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Valencia Gym - Whey Protein

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rye83, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Two part:
    1. Anyone know of a decent gym in Valencia? Not looking for a decked out one with every machine known to man or any type of special classes offered. Just the basics: cardio (cycle, elliptical, rowing machine and/or treadmill) and your standard weight training equipment. A somewhat functional air-con would be nice but not a requirement as long as the temperature is somewhat reasonable.

I see some listings on DI but no idea if the places are still open and any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Anyone know if whey protein and creatine powder (see attached image) is available in Dumaguete for a reasonable price? P2500-3k for a 5lbs container of 100% whey and around P1500 for a large container of creatine would be about right. I see Lazada has the brand for both that I prefer at about the right price but if there are local options I would prefer to support a local business, so long as they don't have a ridiculous markup.

Attached Files:

2. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I'm pretty sure they're aren't any gyms in Valencia. I searched long and hard for one about 3 months ago without success. In the end I joined JD fitness zone in the city. It's pretty basic but ok, and I visited a few and for me it seemed the best of a bad bunch. There's no AC, but I think that's the same anywhere. It has a good range of, somewhat old, free weights, machines, cardio etc, and they have a good deal where you pay for 3 months and get 1 month free. They've also got a deal on at the moment to celebrate their 3 year birthday: 50% of annual registration (usually 500) until July 6th and 25% off monthly membership (usually 1000) until July 13th.

If you do find a gym in Valencia let me know please.

They sell protein powder and creatine on the second floor of Robinsons Mall, but the prices are steep. I can't remember the exact price but it was about 40% more than Lazada, so I bought mine from Lazada.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Best place to buy workout supplements is the Wellness Center in Central Mall in town. Best gym is Four C’s in town.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I'm curious, why do you think Four C is the best gym? I had a look at it and I have never seen such a cramped gym before. I can't imagine what it must be like and how hot it must be when it's busy.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I agree with the cramping. They have aircons and fans. I belonged to Cellutrim and Fit for Life gyms years ago. Four C’s was so much better before they moved across the street to a smaller location. I agree Four C’s is not for everyone but it fits my schedule and my boy’s school drop off so I put up with it. If I lived in Dauin I would go to Porta Vida gym. My friends who go there all like it.

6. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Whey protein is at Wise Choice Supplements. It’s near Partosa store at Cervantes St. I have a friend who gets his stock there because the prices are reasonable. I believe him because he is cheap as.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Doesn't sound promising. I want something in my area. I may have to make use of the spare room in my house and build my own. I get irritated with crowded gyms and people with p*ss poor gym etiquette. I think the local culture may make life in a gym unbearable for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    A year or so ago I looked at all the gyms I could find. Ended up at P & E. I now Use a professional privet trainer, for my Coronary Rehab, right here at my house.
    No real equipment to speak of but still get a good coronary work out for this old boy.
    NO Gyms in Valencia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    As if one would tell :smile:

10. wolvhund

wolvhund DI Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 36
    Wasn't someone recently looking for a business opportunity in Dumaguete? I think a gym/wellness center would be near the top of the list for businesses to start in the PI. There are so few good ones and they charge relatively high rates.