Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Valencia SPICE Restaurant

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Yesterday, PAD THAI was a special, and quite good (a lot better than the place on Rizal). The chef / owner said she will check out a PAD KEE MAO and text me so we can figure a day for it to be a special... Looks like we may have a real Thai / mixed restaurant in da 'hood.

And i think the opening is 7 days, except monday when only AFTER 5, although you're asking me to remember a sign i read a whole 24 hours ago, a dangerous question......

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just to update everyone there was an emergency with family business and spice will reopen on tuesday this week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Me and the wife tried Spice the other day; the food came out very quick. The wife had a pasta dish with shrimp...loaded with shrimp. I had an Indian curry dish, usually don't pay attention when a menu item says it is spicy as most are not close to spicy; this one brought the heat. Very impressed with the service and quality/quantity of the dishes.

We don't find many reasons to go to Valencia but any future trips this is the place we will grab some food.

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SPICE

SPICE DI New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Try our new dishes and special’s for today
    we offer also desserts and cakes served with free fresh brewed coffee or iced coffee

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Dogs at home.png Works for us when away :pompus:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. SPICE

SPICE DI New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I’m really sorry for the inconvenience guys.
    i have a argent family emergency in mindanao
    that i have to go and closed the restaurant for awhile but we’re open again on tuesday.
    thanks for your understanding

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Spice has a new menu now and lots of new stuff inc alot more indian dishes amongst other stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SPICE

SPICE DI New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Only at Spice cafe&restaurant

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  9. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    How come a simple recommendation can be twisted round to ownership....too many persons on this site with F-all to do but criticise etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Finally made it to Spice, wednesday lunch. Before today our go-to's in Val were Naspri and Estrella's. ADD SPICE TO THE LIST. Now that we know it's "varied menu," we did the adobo and the Thai Curry (yellow). Curry was good, worth going back for, better than WhyNot's Thai... Owner there, quiet (remember it's lunch), good staff. We thought the Adobo had a bit more soy than we are used to, compared to vinegar, but i liked the taste. HUGE portions, WELL WORTH IT. Owner apologized for being out of town, so maybe things will settle down now. We'll be trying the pasta and other dishes in our future visits...

PS: suggestion for all restaurants. If you have an emergency, put a sign on the door with expected return. Keeps the long nosed rants to a minimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1