Dumaguete Info Search

VALENCIA

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DAVE1952, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Some have adopted that idea but the thought of my wife driving me around scares me! :chicken:

It is not that hard to adjust because you sit on the left side and that is the side that faces away from the gutter and hugs the centre line on the road. (Think opposite to Oz) I think after driving LHD Cars in Australia, the hardest thing I would need to get my head around is when turning into a side road and going to the "Aussie side" instead of following the line. But I am SURE my Wife will let me know my error in judgment should that occur :smuggrin: jeje I do recall my early days learning to drive with an Instructor who asked me my fears of driving, then the basturd put me through the test by forcing me to face those fears, it turned out I had nothing to fear at all as when I was faced with it I handled it like a champ! :smile:

You can Hire Cars here in Dumaguete, why not hire one on a Sunday (when it is quieter on the road) then go for a drive around your local area at first, then venture out onto the Highway and go for a long drive to get the feel for it (LHD Driving) It would get you out and about, see the place and enjoy some family bonding together. I am sure your wife would have a general idea on what to see around here making it an enjoyably relaxing experience. :wink:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. greenphilway

greenphilway DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    They charge you more because going up hill = using more gasoline, well that is to say that's our experience...

3. greenphilway

greenphilway DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hello Dave,
    Walk to the SSS, a bit oposit the 7-Eleven, there we fetch several time a 60PHP/70 PHP tricycle to Valencia. The ones who stay at that corner at Hypermarket ask more...

4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Why do you not use the jeepney? Are you too far away from the route in Valencia? Or are you too big for it? :rolleyes:

5. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    OK Norman will try that the next time.

6. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    When you are loaded up with shopping do you want to struggle with it in a Jeepney?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.

I think you have missed my point? I did mention that I have very poor eyesight, so why would I hire a car and be a danger to others, and here if there is an accident we all know who gets the blame? having driven for 45yrs of my life I will be happy to be driven around by my wife and that way when we do go for a drive I get the chance to view the scenery, whether it be female or otherwise, us Scotsmen are Na Daft ha-ha

8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I obviously missed the part about your eyesight mate, well that makes it more relaxing for you then watching the 'sc:inlove:nery' and not watching what is trying to kill you on the road... :biggrin: Just make sure the missus does not catch you admiring that 'sc:inlove:nery' otherwise you might be more worried about what may kill you inside that car! :smuggrin: hehe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Sure. :wink: It is an addition to daily fitness training. :roflmao::smuggrin: In the past as I was moving to my current location I transported a lot of my stuff with the public bus. :wideyed::thumbsup: Therefore I have a lot of experiences in this. :rolleyes::biggrin::hilarious::smuggrin:

10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We usually always caught the Jeepney home from the Siaton Station to Maluay, but one day whilst in a Tricycle, I noticed some school kids on top of one of the Jeepney's heading South snooping through someone's boxes that were on top the roof with a mate. :o o: I pointed that out to the Wife and told her; "That could be our Groceries!" :grumpy: Now we catch a Tricycle home and as a bonus we pay the Driver to carry the boxes the 150M to our house from the highway, that way I am SURE no one has pilfered through the boxes... :wink: