Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicle Change of Ownership

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by barryrio, Jun 13, 2014.

1. barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Hi Guys

One final vehicle related question you may be able to answer. As I am reluctant to run back up to Cebu to leave the documentation for change of ownership on a recently purchased car with my former (very reliable) fixer up there, I was hoping someone might be able to steer me towards a reliable guy here in Dumaguete who could do the job for me. Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards - Barry

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    If the vehicle was last registered in Cebu, you may find you have to take it to Cebu to complete it.

Larry

3. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    I'm still trying to learn the system here. I have heard similar things several times but can't really understand why. Does this mean that if you bought a car in Cebu or Manila that you would always and forever have to register it there? There is no way to get it transferred to where you're currently at?

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Not so. My car was first registered in Manila and has a Manila plate. I bought it here in Dumaguete from a Filipino of repute. The vehicle is now registered in Dumaguete in my name, having been inspected by the LTO and photographed by the PNP. From purchase to receiving full registration documents took just 4 days, including the transfer from Manila. All documentation and transfer costs were luckily handled by the seller who knew all the angles and who to "show appreciation to". Not sure exactly how it happened so quickly, but it can be done.

5. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You don't a fixer. There is a procedure within the LTO for transferring your documents/records for your vehicle from one LTO to another. The latest published fee for this service is PHP 100.

In the FAQ's at Motor Vehicle Registration

6. OP
    OP
    barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Hi guys - Many thanks for the replies. I was actually aware of the procedure to both transfer LTOs and do change of ownership. However, the latter is extremely time-consuming and a royal PITA to be honest! Hence why I hoped to find a reliable fixer to expedite matters on my behalf. During my time in Cebu I had always used a particularly efficient lady who works at the emission tester on V.Rama to do these transactions. The result is, that other than dropping off the car or bike to have number etched, I never had to do more than hand her the papers and collect the new or/cr a week or two later! No hanging around at LTO, PNP offices, Landbank or jumping through hoops that the procedure demands!
    Surely there is someone offering these services down here! ?
    Many thanks - Barry

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Contrary to popular belief, there are instances where one would have to go to the LTO where the car was last registered to change ownership. As with dealing with most government agencies here, what works in one office does not necessarily work in the next, they all beat to their own drummer. After the registration is changed there should be no problem renewing it in another location.

Larry

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    No doubt it can be done, but don't count on it working that way every time, with every office!

Larry

9. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Please try P&L CLEANAIR VEHICLE EMISSION TESTING CENTER, located in front of CANG'S DEPARTMENT STORE in Daro, Northroad. Reliable, they did all my concerns related with registrations, renewals and etc. for the past 5 years. I pay extra 150 pesos for tips and service which i find it cheap. No STRESS, they will text or call you back when the documents is DONE.

10. OP
    OP
    barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    My grateful thanks Blueskies! That was precisely the reply I was hoping for. very grateful to you for taking the trouble to share that information!
    Kind regards and thanks again - Barry