Dumaguete Info Search

Veteran Visas available?

Discussion in 'Military and Veterans' started by sandersonph, Jan 23, 2018.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't need to talk to (pay) an attorney, just visit the BI office and talk to them to move to a tourist Visa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. maryroseforsrrv

maryroseforsrrv DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PRA has another email address you can contact to. There has been changes a couple of years ago when marketing in PRA has taken over the application process from processing department. That old email no longer work.
    clientrelations@pra.gov.ph

3. Milowood

Milowood DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Helicopter Pilot
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had the SSRV for veterans for several years now and could not be happier with it. For the pension requirement I used my Social Security statement which showed my entitlement. Even though I was not at the time claiming, it was accepted by the PRA. I did not retire but my DD 214 showing honorable service was sufficient.

My employment has me living in the Philippines and working outside on a six week on and off basis. The ease of getting into the country at immigration as well as getting on a plane to PI with no onward ticket is worth it alone. When you combine that with the ease of renewal which can be done for 3 years at a time for the price of $10 dollars per year and the fact that it gives you a Philippine ID with current address it is easy to recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Second what Milo says: I have had my SRRV for approaching 4 yrs, use it for everything, although I do use my US passport in airports along with it. For income proof, I've heard of everything from Social Security to 1099's to even letters from financial advisors. PRA is much easier to deal with and not nearly as corrupt as B of Imm...

And as I said before, you only need a DD214, retiring from the military is NOT necessary, but I think you have to be 50...

Last time I did the entire RENEWAL process via email with Jackie in Cebu (not original app, had to go to Cebu for that), LBC'd the fee deposit receipt from Land Bank along with a self addressed LBC envelope, which is how Jackie sent me back my new card...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Cheers, I have been thru it. The law states that you must give up the 13a Visa if you are no longer cohabitating with your spouse. I can't say exactly how BI will react to your situation, but nothing was said to me about how long have I been seperated. They did ask me if I intended to remarry. Of course I said no way Jose. Not really, I just said no plans for that. Anyway it is not based solely on annulment or divorce. Divorced mine in Australia (by email), was a bit tardy in going to the Manila Civil Registry, overdue by 6 months, you pay a very small late fee. I then when to BI Manila to surrender the 13a. Everyone thought I was nuts uncluding my ex. I just wanted to get out from under and be compliant. Long story short, The BI willingly took back the 13a, I had to go to the infamous attorneys next door and get a letter of request, 800P. The price to submit the letter was 10,000p plus a 5000p express lane fee. So glad i paid that coz it only took 2 weeks (I'm being synical) and another trip to manila to put the tourist visa into effect. This was in March 2019, they back dated my tourist visa to the date my divorce was absolute, that being Jul 25th 2018. A grand total of 39,000p in fees and other bits and pieces incl a Tourist ACR-1 card, which I have never gone back to collect. . They tried to get me for 2018 annual report, 310p plus fine, but I smugly waved my receipt in their faces, they removed it. Interestingly, my divorce order was accepted by Manila Civil Registry and Immigration..PSA, not so. i am still regarded as being married in the Philippines until such time as I get my divorce order Judicially recognized in the Philippines Regional Trials Court....Sorry, but that ain't going to happen. Finally, I am well along to track to get my Extended Courtesy SSRV...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Need to clarify, the 39,000p costs was in addition the the initial 15,000p. The two round trips from Dumaguete was an additional cost also.