Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question visa extension to avoid an overstay

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by kelpguy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I can get a 1 year visa if I lick a sheep? :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    jack, i dunno why you didn't get an extension.
    today is the 19th and my 36mo stay expires on the 24th of this month normally necessitating a trip out of the fils. well, i'm happy to report that we just returned from a successful trip to the manila BoI requesting a 6 month extension in order to get married and apply for a 13A visa.

i filled out the usual extension form with foto attached requesting a 6 month extension and submitted the form along with my passport and copies of all (philippine) pages of my passport, a notarized letter requesting the extension, a certified copy of our application for marriage license, a copy of our pre-marriage certificate and a letter from my long deceased mother <joke>.

the immigration officer took the form, the passport and the passport pages and returned the other documents w/o looking at them and gave us a 2 month extension in less than 10 minutes. he also returned all the documents we submitted including the extension from. makes a person wonder what the duma BoI does with the documents we submit.

total cost of the extension was (as printed on the receipt):
    40 - legal research fee
    300 - mnth extn appl fee
    1000 - mnth extn fee
    500 - motion for recon
    500 - certificate fee
    500 - visa sticker fee
    500 - express lane fee
    500 - exp lane (cert)
    p3,440.00

duma to manila BoI and back to duma in 21 hours flat

so that gives us some time to get married and apply for the 13A. next question is; will i need another extension IF the 13A isn't completed before my 38th month extension expires? one duma BoI staff told me, extensions won't be necessary once i get my 13A visa applied for, another told me that isn't true. time will tell...

... all's well that ends well, it's just, when will it all end? ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Just a question on the 2 month visa extensions.........I have been here on extensions for 16 months now, just got latest extension yesterday, I am led to believe I can stay up to 36 months on extensions, but along with my extension stamp yesterday I got a stamp saying." You are required to get a emigration clearance certificate before leaving the country" I only noticed this stamp after getting home, will be going back there on thursday to ask what this means, but if anyone has any help would be appreciated

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Basically it means that they Forgot to put that stamp in at your 6 months Extension time and now someone has picked up on it.
    This stamp is to let Exit immigration know that you have been here over the 6 months and therefore Require an ECC to leave.

Just carry on as Normal, They will tell you when your last Extension is :thumbsup::wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Thanks Jack, that sounds like a good answer, yes will carry on as usuall as they have put a extension stamp up to 18months as well, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Nobody mentioned the option of taking the fiancée out of the country to get married and get the Balikbayan on re-entry. No more Philippines red tape. Hold a church wedding around Duma somewhere on your return if you desire.

If I understand correctly you can fly international for some destinations directly from Bacolod or Iloilo. To cut Manila out of the loop would be my first choice.

Show Pony was close to this except for not mentioning that you would need to get married outside the Philippines before you returned and then he went off an that sheep licking tangent.:kiwi: Just kidding.

Personally I would not do it if you had to go to Manila AND lick a sheep but if it was a matter of licking the sheep in Duma to save a lot of time and expense I would probably think about it then ask, is the sheep pretty? Can I look at it before I decide?:1cheers:

• Like Like x 1