Dumaguete Info Search

Embassy Info Best Posts in Thread: Visa Suspension Exemption for Foreign Partners of Pregnant Filipinas

1. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Though this might be useful for someone, as I imagine this is a common situation. I sometimes find information on the website of the Philippines Embassy serving Norway and Iceland that I don't see posted anywhere else. But if this is indeed true I would imagine it also applies elsewhere.

"The Embassy hereby announces that foreign partners of pregnant Filipino nationals may now request for exemption from the temporary suspension on visa issuance to visit the Philippines, subject to submission of the following, in addition to the requirements for a temporary visitor’s visa:
    1. Medical certificate on the pregnancy of the Filipino national;
    2. Duly notarized affidavit executed by the foreign national that he is the partner of the pregnant Filipino national (and father of the unborn child), and that they have been in a relationship even before the COVID-19 pandemic;
    3. Other documentary proof establishing the relationship between the foreign national and pregnant Filipino national; and
    4. Documentary proof on the citizenship of the pregnant Filipino national.
    The Embassy emphasizes that above applications are requests for exemption from the temporary suspension of visa issuance on humanitarian grounds, and will be referred to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in the Philippines for processing and approval. The Embassy will issue visas to concerned applicants only after receiving authority from DFA. "

https://www.philembassy.no/newsroom...emption-from-the-temporary-suspension-of-visa

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1