Dumaguete Info Search

Visa turnaround destination?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Mr. Reddit, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 2
    In 2017 I did a turnaround trip to Malaysia which was very convenient. However the B&B where I stayed is no longer in service, so I am looking for a destination that is fast and convenient with the least amount of travel time for a turnaround. Any suggestions? I only want to stay overnight and return the next day, so attractions do not interest me. Are there any new requirements as to the amount of time before I can return to the PH. Previously a 24 hour turnaround was allowed. Also, I am considering flying Jetstar Asia airlines. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Here was the plan I used to use. Take a trip to Angeles City, spend a couple of nights having fun then take the evening flight from Clark to Hong Kong. Spend the night in the Hong Kong airport and take the early morning Cebu Pacific flight from Hong Kong to Cebu. There was a time when they used to stamp your passport in Hong Kong but last time I was there they no longer stamped it. You still need to go through immigration in Hong Kong because Cebu Pacific demands that you check in land side before getting on your flight.

Anyway, that used to work. But the Immigration officials always gave me a dirty look when I arrived in Cebu and they saw that I had only left the day before. Of course I always had a disposable exit ticket from Cebu back to Hong Kong for the next day so I could BS them that I just came back to pick up some stuff. All good. Once you are in, you are in.

• Like Like x 3
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good advise.... was stranded in Singapore because I thought I could just get back on the turnaround without immigration and had to wait until next day

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  4. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    How do you expect to get from arrivals to departures without going through immigration, the whole point of a visa run is to get the stamps in your passport............sheeeeeeeesh

5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You mad bro ??

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You haven't done that much, have you!
    I can leave Philippines and go to Canada, stay as long as I like and return to Philippines. I can do the same going to Hong Kong. The ONLY stamps I will get in my Passport, in either case, are the exit and entry stamps from the Philippines. Other countries just don't do that any more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    yes that's very true but you still have to go through immigration and for hong kong you do get the entry as a little white receipt and try to leave without it