Dumaguete Info Search

Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jens K, May 18, 2020.

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I would agree with you that it makes sense that we get enough sunshine to keep us from needing a Vitamin D supplement here. However, I get a lot of sunshine and am actually well tanned but my blood work always shows low vitamin D for some reason. Therefore, under my doctor's advice, I take Vitamin D daily. I am very healthy and this is the only bad number in my blood screen, the low Vitamin D. The only reason I post is to say that when you get blood work it is possible to show some of your vitamin deficiencies if you have any. I take no other supplements.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Taken from a google
    Is 1000mg vitamin C too much?
    Vitamin C is water-soluble, so any excess is usually excreted in the urine rather than stored in the body. It's safe in almost any amount from foods, and supplements in recommended amounts are also regarded as safe for most people. ... Try reducing your vitamin C intake by 500 mg each week until you reach 1,000 mg a day.Apr 3, 2019

3. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-

4. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Also googled Bottom line: Vitamin D intake is recommended at 400–800 IU/day, or 10–20 micrograms. However, some studies suggest that a higher daily intake of 1000–4000 IU (25–100 micrograms) is needed to maintain optimal blood levels.Jun 4, 2017

5. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Of course not, however the doctor he is interviewing is a legitimate source.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Was it disclosed that the good doctor had no connection to Mr. Rogan's supplement business? Rogan regularly and repeatedly has friends and business partners on as guests. Nothing wrong with that but I question anything said on his show from regular guests.