Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: W97M.97Melissa.A worm

1. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I received a virus laden email from Mr Davidovich as he calls himself (Russian speaking American in Valencia) and i am warning others not to open anything he sends you,

Ive told him before that i dont even read his junk mail, but like others who just feel free to add you to their lengthy fwd email list without asking-he continued.

I may be able to get by without having to buy a new smart phone, but unless i take somewhere to get it purged-i may now only be able to use it offline.

Removing the memory card from my phone seems to have cured most if not all of the virus's hostile take over-but we'll see..

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    For an explanation:
    Email sender address can be faked if the sending email server is wrong configurated or if it is compromitted by malware. We had once a case where a friend of me got malware on his computer. Because I was in his address book I suddenly got emails with senders from his contact book. It was clear that they can not be the sender.
    In the mentioned case of the topic starter it can be that this mr. Davidovic can be the victim of a friend whose computer got infected by this worm. Therefore if you want to start a lawsuit you have to prove that it is really him sending these malware mails.

• Informative Informative x 2