Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Warning-exit clearance -new rule.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If he got loud and started cursing at immigration because he did not know the rules then he got what he deserved. Only an ignorant fool would raise their voices at immigration in a foreign country.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wonder how many of those good reviews are from the owners.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    I used one of those ticket 'renting' agents, even though I knew there were many disappointed customers. I decided to take the relatively low-cost risk to see if it would be good for the future and so paid my $9.99 - I received NOTHING. Best avoided for sure.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    onwardticket.com will rent you a ticket which they cancel after 24hrs the cost is $10 or a $15 for 48hrs. Worked for me when I had a trip to Cambodia this year

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You can stretch that out to 12 months with very minimum hassle. The 6-12 month ECC at the airport only adds 5 minutes and a few hundred pesos stopping at the cashier's window on the way out through immigration.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    Pretty sure SRRV holders are exempt from ECC

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    Never is "Yes Sir, No Sir ... how low do I bow Sir" more appropriate then when dealing with people who have more power over your life than you have yourself. You can always straighten up afterwards and carry on the life you want and not the one you are now forced to take.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Just goes to show ya. I can quote you what BI Manila told me via Facebook and they said tourists from 6 months to a year can still get it at the airport. They really gotta make up their minds.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This was posted on the Bi fb page yesterday. Hopefully it will resolve the wait on collection of passports and wait times for Ecc in cebu.

NOTICE
    The Bureau of Immigration wishes to inform the public that aside from the regular processing of application, we will be offering express transactions effective 03 January 2018. Express transactions shall be subject to Express Lane Fees.
    This is applicable to all BI Offices including all ports of entry and exit, regional and satellite offices.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    I think you may mean flyonward.com (onwardticket.com is a domain up for sale). If so, then the Trustpilot score is 1.3 out of 10, with 9% rating "excellent" and 91% "bad". From that I conclude that 9% received their tickets and 91% did not. You were one of the (minority) lucky ones and I was one of the (majority) unlucky ones. The statistics indicate that if you buy a ticket from them once a year for 10 years then you will receive it once only. Therefore the cost would be about $100 for ONE ticket. They have a refund policy but (surprise, surprise) it seems not to work.

If I sold a car to ten people and delivered to one only, I would be considered a scam artist. But I would make a lot of money that way - so flyonward.com seems a good business model for the owners but not for the customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1