Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Warning: "Midbrain Activation" Scam in Dumaguete

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Gf was called in to a meeting at her kids school so they could try to solicit them to buy into a SCAM. It costs 25,000 Pesos!

It is some nonsense about Midbrain Activation. A quick Google search shows there are plenty of websites claiming this nonsense works and plenty more idiots buying into it.

It looks like this one originated in India (a huge red flag by itself). Reading a few of these websites they reference the "aura" and "third eye". The"doctor" pushing this has also written a book claiming ESP is real.

"Midbrain Activation" - The Skeptics Society Forum

https://www.quora.com/I-have-come-a...-What-is-it-and-how-does-it-work-Is-it-a-scam

Midbrain Activation – A Scam | Nirmukta

This is some group going around to the schools in Dumaguete trying to convince parents it is real. Some schools are calling in parents to come listen to it. Absolutely ridiculous on the school administration's part.

Shouldn't be too surprised given that this is the Philippines education system we are talking about....but this should be downright illegal. Someone should put a stop to this nonsense before gullible and naive people waste their money on it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I guess this should not come as a surprise in a country where parents are routinely bombarded with adverts for chemically enhanced milk to 'stimulate' their kids mental development, and the radio belts out adverts for pills that cure everything from piles to cancer. There appears to be no 'advertising standards' authority in this country, or if there is they've been 'bought'.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I would say this would interest Deped,if it were my kid a quiet word about this bullshit would be given to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Thanks for letting us know about this - a concern of mine would be kids who have gullible parents (?the majority) who subscribe (with money they can ill afford) and then other kids will question why they cannot have this. If mine asks she will be told "Put this paper bag on your head; my research has informed me that it is equally effective." In fact, I think it will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1