Dumaguete Info Search

Water-a-Plenty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, May 20, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Thank You!

Thank You for the greeting, In Fact, Thank You all, that sent birthday Greetings. I had a Good day, the problem now, is that on Wednesday, I had 2 years to go, now it is only 1 year and 11 months.:D better get a move on!:wink:

Jack P.

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fwiw my wife paid p10,000 to have a well installed on her parent's property. That included the hand pump.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Happy Birthday Jack, from Ron and Betty.

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Thank You!

What a nice greeting, to come back from work to, Thank You both for the Thought.

Jack P.:smile:

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hope to see you when you get back my friend.
    Ron

6. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Get Together!

:wink: I was talking to Azon a little while ago, She enjoyed Pat's House Blessing and Suggested That we try and organise a get Together when I get back. I will work on it and see who? would be interested, seems to me, most of us are missing a GOOD NIGHT OUT! as a congregation I mean :eek: maybe Rhoody can give it some thought, I am not sure when the last get Together was but I dont think there has been one for Quite a while. I know that there must be some interest. Of course, that is not discounting any other SMB/Coffee meets :wink: Until then, take care and be happy :p

7. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As a Point of interest, How long ago was this?

Jack P.

8. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The Pump!

:D Just to Finish this part of our project up-date, I thought I would add a couple of pictures of the Pump. Sorry, if it is not that interesting to some but to us, important :wink:

Attached Files:

9. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can you describe the drilling? I understand you can do it by hand, just driving the sleeve with hammers. Was the cost closely related to the depth? I think my water could be deeper. Did you research an electric pump?...I noticed now you put it in feet, 24? that is actually really shallow. My situation may be quite different.

10. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Non-Technical

:smile:Bounty, not being present I can only Imagine this, They used piles (Sleeves) that were in deed struck with a lump hammer, I believe a 1 Inch Bore, after each Strike the Pile was twisted. The final Trim bore was done with what, I can only describe as an Electric Worm Screw. (Similar to pipe cleaners I guess) Other than this, I will have to wait for Azon, to write and give the full version. Her Cousin Quoted, a 40 ft Bore but got to water at 22ft, he tells her that he went a little deeper to ensure a good table. (27 ft) The cost was for a 40 ft drill, so he completed in 4 days instead of 6. (We paid him the full Cost, Good job well done) We did discuss an Electric pump BUT with all the brownouts, it seemed it would defeat the object. If we can combine the two, then we would be on a Winner, I am not sure if this would be feasible.
    He does of course, know the Area well, as he is from Junob, he would know roughly how deep he needs to Drill. Also the terrain, would have had a lot to do with his assessment. I guess in your case, you would need to have someone locally, that has drilled before to give a good assessment of the needs. It is AG land (Our Lot) so the Terrain is not so Solid and the drill would be lighter, than say, in Town. Are you talking locally here or out of the PI? :confused:

Jack P. :smile: