Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Water purification/hydrosol

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Notmyrealname, Aug 11, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I assume you are not suggesting people set up water purification systems in their homes using electrolysis as a means of dealing with impure water in a natural disaster? There are too many reasons why not for me to go over it all again. I still think a pack of water purification tablets is by far the SIMPLEST ---- (Keep It Simple and Smile).

Also you quote sodium hypochlorite as a gas - surely it is a solid compound. The gas produced from electrolysing it would be chlorine I think and, yes, I would agree, that people should take care ... chlorine is 'mustard gas' as used to kill people in wartime. The other gas you name, hydrogen is very explosive when mixed with oxygen!

2. slidegear

slidegear DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

manufacturer
    Ratings:
    +33 / 6
    one might assume that a well ventilated area would not be within the home but there are small kits (cellphone size) which would be safe enough to use with the windows open. there are also solar powered ones available of various sizes that float in a pool which does the same job, one would just have to control the dilution after that.

3. slidegear

slidegear DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

manufacturer
    Ratings:
    +33 / 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I suppose at about 6000 pesos they are not too expensive - but would I put my trust in a machine? I don't know if they come with a water-testing kit but how else will the user know for sure that the clear liquid dispensed from the machine is PURE (even though they cover themselves by showing the effectiveness as 99.99%)?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I guess the same could be said about the tablets and bleaching methods. :wink:

6. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It could but I put my trust more in a pure chemical reaction than one which depends on machine components.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How do you think the water in your beer gets filtered?

8. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I have no idea as I drink very little and am not an expert. What is the answer?

I know my purified water at home is filtered by machine but I have to take that risk and also hope that if their machinery fails then others find out before I do.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Most likely reverse osmosis...which is the mechanical method you don't trust. Though "mechanical" isn't really the best way to describe it IMO.

10. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I knew you would have the answer. :smile: