Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Water Shortage Valencia

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Jessie77, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Still have that in Balugo (11pm to 4am loosely). When queried why response was that they fill the reservoir during that time. Maybe those of you with technical minds can explain that one to a mere mortal?

2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    It means that the water usage (combined with leakage) of households attached to the reservoir is greater than the replenishment from the springs, which varies during the year. Therefore their solution is to shut off the usage so that water will be used solely to replenish reservoirs (also reducing leakage to zero for 5 hours).

Most of the "reservoirs" I have seen in the area are cement above-ground tanks of varying size, some 2.5m x 2.5m x 2.5m - 15,625 cubic meters / 15,625 liters or 4128 gallons. The number of reservoirs per barangay may vary from a couple to more, not sure of number, you can ask ur Brng Capt or water councilor. Pipes from springs can be 2 to 4" and several kilometers long. Not sure why but pipe diameter in the Philippines is measured in inches and lengths in meters. Also check info at the Valencia Water Dept, under the bleachers in the Gym, block behind the Valencia Munipal Hall.

3. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    15,625 cubic meters / 15,625 liters?? I'm afraid you omitted the last 3 zero's...., it's 15,625,000 liters or 4,127,688 gallons (US liquid gallons)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    1 cubic meter is 1000 l not 1.000.000 l

• Like Like x 1
  5. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    Liverpool Fan: My bad. Apologies, also to Edward K.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No water now, for at least 24 hours.
    I'm going to have to find out where the buck stops at the Waterboard.... Any suggestions ?

7. OP
    OP
    Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I remember those times and found them acceptable. However, things are now ludicrous .

8. OP
    OP
    Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Having worked on ships for 30+ years, ranging from 50 year old converted trawlers, to Chinese new builds straight off the blocks, I wouldn't use any ship as the yardstick to measure anything. Especially the chinese new builds which are destined to be razor blades in no time at all.
    Maybe a Norwegian build would be up to the task, they build fine vessels as long as the refugees are kept out of it. The Poles aren't bad ship builders but lack vision.
    Ive returned as part of skeleton crews from Northern Spain , across the Bay of Biscay, wet-well bain marie's , really. Thats the compny's fault penny pinching, but they emptied themselves out coming beam on to Biscay, glad I wasn't in the way or the litigation would have been flowing yet again,

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  9. OP
    OP
    Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The water's come on, but my god it stinks. I'll let it run and run before I attempt any laundry.
    Something's got to be done about this. It's like 18th century London.

10. OP
    OP
    Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    P_20200327_074120.jpg P_20200327_074120.jpg
    They're turning it off. Sure there's leakages but not enough to cut out entire regions. So your claim that leakages are causing the problem is bulldust.
    I just filled the coke bottle from the kitchen sink. Expand it. P_20200327_074120.jpg