Dumaguete Info Search

We need our Domestic Workers....Respect their rights!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Torilian, Jul 28, 2013.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Following is the Philhealth website that provides rate coverage for specific services. Some but not all out patient services are partially covered as is a portion of the hospital bill. Note: Not sure about coverage at Provincial Hospital.
    When my wife had our baby at Silliman a couple of years ago, Philhealth covered somewhere around 30-40%.
    Benefit Coverage: Individually Paying | PhilHealth

2. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A good thing about the PhilHealth is it might reduce the overcharge ability by the hospital as PhilHealth will review the bill.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Good post Pat! Phil Health is so cheap there really is no reason for a family not to have it.

Regarding Provincial Hospital (and others) coverage the way I understand it is that Phil Health will "contribute" to a bill there, but it isn't much. They have a sliding scale depending on which hospital that is used and it is something like this:

Silliman - 40-50%
    Holy Child - 30-40%
    Provincial - 20-30%

I may be wrong as I read that 2-3 years ago, and things could have changed, but that is the way I understand it.

When my wife had our son at Silliman they paid very close to 50% of the bill. Your results may vary. :smile:

4. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Ok, thanks, we will get coverage for all of us and will see how it's working...

5. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "You need to study more." What this guy is saying, is "You are not as smart as I am so if you read more maybe you will understand that the government can run your life better than you can seeing as how they are all smarter than you are."

What this law is really saying is; Send us the money so we can spend it anyway we want including graft and corruption, just like all the other coutries that have such laws.

The SSS is a joke. My father in law recently retired from a government job and gets a pittance, so what happened to all those years of paying into the fund?

6. simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    "The SSS is a joke. My father in law recently retired from a government job and gets a pittance, so what happened to all those years of paying into the fund?"

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I would say that this must be true as well for the SSS you and many others payed into or else you and others wouldn't be here... diba...

7. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is my pleasure to correct you. I indeed paid into the SS system that my government took out of my paycheck before I paid my house payment, bought food and other necessities of life. Before I educated my children or clothed them. Before I bought insurance for my family's well being. ONLY because it was a law and they would come and take it away by force if necessary.

I also saw the absolute corruption that was going on as the social security system was raided by the democrats to pay for their war in Vietnam, which they lost but blamed it on everyone but themselves. They took all the cash out and put an IOU scrap of paper in the "social security trust ".

I took what was left after the theives in the government took their part FIRST and invested in real estate. By the grace of God I've done pretty well, no thanks to the government at all. Yes I collect a small part in social security as well as another small part of VA disability but I can live without it just fine if need be because I planned on my own without "government help".

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I think that was the point that was being made.

Larry

9. simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Peace, we all know that Politicians and Governments are no good but tend to forget that they are being elected by the people, blame on us...

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I didn't elect anybody. Why vote? Which crooked lawyer do you place above the next? If your choice is taking a dip the sewer or the outhouse, which would you prefer?

Larry