Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Wed July 25 Internet Outage?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My PLDT DSL Internet has been out for a few hours now. I had to switch to my Smart Data plan which is very slow but better than nothing.

What I want to know is if anyone else is having any Internet problems today? Yes, I could phone PLDT (or message them) but past experience has shown me that I can expect a run-around for a couple of days with no information and no fix so before I waste my time . . anyone else here with an Internet problem in Sibulan or Dumaguete or nearby?

2. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    PLDT Fibr is working in Valencia area.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My PLDT DSL is working now. 15 minutes of "Press 1" Press 2" etc "You have exceeded the number of attempts please try again", repeat endlessly, and suddenly it started to work. I never did get through to a real person.

Assholes.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There was a cable break somewhere near duma. All good now though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went down to PLDT, they told me a lorry crashed into a pole bringing down all the cables. More Red Horse driver.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Nowt surprises me here anymore. Half the lines are too low anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Yah, they had a break or something of the sort and was down for a number of hours. What bothers me though is you can't even call them on the phone even if the break isn't on your end of the line. If the internet goes out so does the phones connected to the fiber line including during a brownout.

8. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Yup thats a real pain as its only a voip phone. I called the hotline on the mobile as im smart. I actually got through quite quickly which was surprising.

9. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    PLDT fibre and DSL went out about 8:30 wed morn. Of course, knocked out voip land line also... Customer Service, dial 171 on smart (fibre and (?) DSL). They can't tell you why but they'll take your info and check into it (soooo useful)... Came back on sometime between 11:30 and 2 pm... GREAT opportunity to cut off ur digital leash and get out in the fresh air...

(...Smart Communications, Inc., commonly referred to as Smart, is a wholly owned wireless communications and digital services subsidiary of PLDT, Inc., a telecommunications and digital services provider based in the Philippines....)

10. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If they're having serious internal problems, I don't think you'll hear something else other than "sorry for the inconvenience."

• Agree Agree x 1