Dumaguete Info Search

Whale and Dolphin Watching Trip to Bais

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    A great one day or even overnight trip out of Dumaguete is Bais, Bais is a small city around 45 kilometers north of Dumaguete. It takes around 1 hour to get there from the Boulevard in a rented var (we paid P1000 for a oneway trip to Bais) - Another way to get up there would be going to Dumaguete bus station and get a Ceres liner bus up there, I do not know the cost but I would guess less then P100 a head.

We chose to stay overnight in Bais (P500 for a double room - no aircon and shared CR(toilet) very basic but no aircon needed by the water anyway) by the waterfront, nothing at all to do at night except sitting on the porch drinking San Miguel Grande from the local Sari Sari store.

But that is ok, as the best time to leave from Bais in the morning is very early, somewhere around 6-7am.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    View from the pension house

We were enjoying the view from the porch in the pension house we stayed in, it was very basic, but covered what we needed for an overnight stay.

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Bais Neighbourhood

Bais is very quiet, and everything shuts down early, we had the girls in to Bais city to buy meats, potatoes and everything else we needed to BBQ that night in the pension house.

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Relaxing night in Bais

Vi did not have our car in Bais at the time so we could not go anywhere, just sit on the porch enjoying the view and having a few San Miguel Grande :D

Too bad they don't have San Miguel Light Grande, that would have been the bomb for me.

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The walk to the Sari Sari store for beer

While the girls went in to town to the market to buy supplies for the BBQ that night and the picnic basket next morning, my friend and I walked around a little and found a nice Sari Sari store that sold ice cold San Miguel Grande.

San Miguel Grande is like regular San Miguel Pilsen but in 1 litre bottles. Finally a man sized beer:smile:

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Morning Departure

Next morning we left the pension house in Bais around 6am, the pier where we rented a boat to go dolphin watching was a 5 minute walk from the pension house.

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Lots of dolphins

I don't know if we were plain lucky or if this is an every day scenario, but we literaly saw hundreds of dolphins on this trip, no whales though but dolphins everywhere.

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    More Dolphins

We were sailing around between Negros and Cebu Island for 2-3 hours watching the dolphins jump and play, they were everywhere even right under the boat. I was almost scared we would hit them sometimes :rolleyes: But I guess they are pretty good swimmers so none were hit :smile:

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Welcome to the Sand Bar

After the dolphin hunt we were all getting hungry and hot so we wanted to have the boat crew BBQ the food from our picnic basket and swim around a bit ourselves.

We were all in awe when we approached the Sand Bar, it is a stretch of fine sand in the middle of the ocean - the perfect place to relax and swim without a lot of people around you.

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    This is what I call a secluded beach

If any place deserved to be called a secluded beach then the Sand Bar is the place, there was a boat full of Koreans when we arrived, but they took off less than an hour after we arrived in this paradise, leaving us all alone out here.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.