Dumaguete Info Search

Bayawan What a great little town

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by DavyL200, Sep 24, 2016.

1. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    From the link:
    Is Lonely Planet user generated content? I think Valencia needs a very similar article written for it.

To whoever wrote that: stop the porky pies and share your lovely beaches with all the wonderful tourists! Here, I'll help:

sipalay beach - Google Search

3. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yay! Yay! Yay!
    Bayawan, Sipalay, Basay! Hope there'll be Ocktoberfest in the future though :D

4. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Just a few of pix from recent trips to Bayawan (2009-2015). I had uploaded some to the old forum but some of the links don't seem to work anymore. I figured I'd save Dustin some disk space and try Flickr this time. Nice town, but so many family there that for us it's just for visiting! I didn't include any captions, but the titles of the individual pictures should do.
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/144119385@N06/J69645

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We visit often and endorse previous comments. Usually stay a nice little hotel (forgot name) just turn left at caltex and it's right there.

Enjoy a stroll down the super long Beach and a cold beer with a nice sun set. We tried to find the water fall how ever as on a big bike and road became very rough we gave up. Perhaps someone knows of other attractions close by and how to get there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I did street viewed and looked pics from Bayawan. And I'm quite surprised how clean (even cleaner than Davao) that city is. :wideyed::thumbsup: Wondering if this is still true. One bigger positive point for Bayawan and the city is on my list for retirement. Even if I got frightened by the big flood from 2013. But that can happens nearly everywhere. And there are even some upgrades upcoming to Bayawan (see separate thread), lowering the necessary to make Dumaguete runs for shopping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Bayawan has a new mayor now who is foreigner friendly. Its a great little place with a great boulavard and as you say its clean or the cleanest ive seen. Mostly elec trikes in the town same as sta catalina. It just lacks infrastructure and rentals as of now but im sure they will come as the small malls will.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    A Puregold mall will be build starting 2018. A Primark should be near being finished. On openstreetmap it is shown.
    Quite funny is that they turned a hotel into an ACE hospital.

9. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    The last time I went to Pepes was about six months ago was with another couple. Many of the items we ordered were "unavailable sir" 30 minutes AFTER ordering. The meal was served in multiple courses ---one person at a time--over the course of more than an hour. The usual good food was substandard and the service was atrocious, as well as the beer being warm. Both my friend and I had always considered Pepe's the "go to place" in Bayawan, but our experience that day cured both of us patronizing them again. Glad your experience have been different.

10. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Wrye, on my 220cc cruiser, I make the trip in about 2.25 to 2.5 hrs. Given the quieter pipes and my slower driver reflexes, my trip is less exciting, but safer (for me). I agree the scenery is spectacular, especially that overlook about 7kms this side of Siaton. Unfortunately, a great place for lunch before getting to Siaton---Buy the Way--looks like it is no longer in business.
    The road to Pamplonia is a great ride also, but the last time I took the ride (6 months ago) the smiles from the locals had changed to expressionless stares or looks that I did not interpret as welcoming or friendly. Dont know what changed, but the "vibe" seemed quite different to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1