Dumaguete Info Search

What happened the much rumored Burger King at City Mall?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Gabrielle_K, Aug 18, 2017.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The same for Burger King in Australia (called Hungry Jacks there for some reason) their burgers are better than maccas. Have tried the ones in Burger King in the Ayala Center in Cebu City and its like chalk and cheese plus way smaller to suit Philippine prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The Burger King at Divisoria in Cagayan De Oro tastes like the BKs in the US to me. Maybe my palate is just not as discerning as the gourmets online here.

I was kind of hoping that the old McDonalds by Quezon Park might transition to a BK while it was being renovated, but no....let's have two McDonalds within crawling disatnce from one another.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    That's nothing. In Tagum City are 3 Gaisano malls in walking distance. :hilarious::roflmao::wacky::wideyed: And if I'm not being wrong in each mall is a Jollibee. :laugh: And this in addition to a stand alone drive-thru Jollibee right next to one of these malls. That means 4 Jollibees in walking distance. :wacky::whistling::hilarious:
    I'm not sure if in the NCCC mall very near to the Gaisano is also a Jollibee.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  4. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Hi, maybe - if you not have done already - you try the Burgers in kri, that's what I call a Good Burger - only the homemades are better! :finger:

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Amazingly, one of the best burgers is Pasta King.
    Another is ding dong, the place at robinsons mall, when they're not out-of-stock on buns.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yup I heard the same thing, it is coming soon to the new airport at the same time the bridge from Cebu to Negros has the ribbon cutting ceremony. :woot:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    I hope they have one event in the morning and the other after lunch. I wouldn't want to have to choose one and miss out on the other.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Plenty of big malls here have multiple jollibee's in the same mall and then often another within a block of the mall.

I used to love KRI burgers a number of years ago but I kept seeing prices go up and quality down and I finally just stopped bothering.

I'd love a BK here though but just don't think its going to happen. Its feeling like things like that they just don't want to bring to anyplace without an international airport and super easy access to major shipping. Further I see Dumaguete going downhill within 5-10 years because they will not under any circumstances it seems change how things run here to better accomdate a growing city. Traffic, parking, cleaning up trashy business's in the middle of town, or setting any sort of standards. They could even do some heavy traffic flow changes setting a lot more 1 ways along with setting pickup/dropoff areas for trikes/easyrides while getting strict on poor parking and double parking and traffic flow would vastly improve.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That is not something that is going to happen, it already has (just from my time there since 2010). It will only continue to degrade.

10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    It is not a coincidence I got the same feeling, being here since 2008, just a matter of time.