Dumaguete Info Search

What happened to Ralph's La Fiesta Garden Inn in San Miguel?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Pete, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What happened to Ralph's La Fiesta Garden Inn in San Miguel? Was there two years ago, nice place with good food. I read about an incident and that they sold the bar?

Thanks
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I was there a couple of weeks back and he was still going. They had to change the face book page name for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's still there and operational.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Munich-Couple

Munich-Couple DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    But he still try to sell the resto....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    I cannot say i have had a better feed in dumguete then this place, , bloody good portion sizes, a lot of the stuff is freshly cooked and look at the owner,, hes not skinny which can only prove he serves up good stuff!
    sometimes the meal can take a while but this is cause most of the stuff is cooked fresh, when you actually work out the cost of the ingredients i wonder how he can actually sell it at the price they do !

a big thumbs up from me to this place, never had a bad meal here, and always a tasty feed and value for money which is what i am looking for

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    I chatted with Ralph a few months ago over beers and he said he had a big kitchen fire and almost lost everything because the staff ran away instead of using the fire extinguisher. He was pretty upset about the incident which is understandable to me. Then he told me he was thinking of moving to South America.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    He's got to sell teh place before he can go anywhere. Had dinner there friday (schnitzel), another excellent meal. They also have a jam session on friday nights, often featuring some top notch musisians from local and abraod.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes it's a giant sized portion which we share, some of the best, and definitely largest in the area. Pity tne local XRM boys use that strech of road as a race track. One must exercise carequipment driving back to Dumagete.

9. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Hi all.. To those interested we have a loose jam night at Fiesta every fri night - sometimes its amazing ,sometimes a few bum chords and sour notes..but its always fun and good vibes.. if anyone plays an instrument , is a frustrated Elvis or Clapton...or would simply like to come down and perform or participate in any way [ that includes applauding ] - we would love to see you down there - the night usually kicks off at 7pm and has been known to go to 3am much to the delight of Ralfs pinoy neighbors who throw bottles at ralf by way of encouragement!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  10. Headman

Headman DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where there this friday, on jam session.
    Had a lot of fun, and some good food :-)