Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: What happened to Ralph's La Fiesta Garden Inn in San Miguel?

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    It's sad to see this place get bad reviews. It's like reviewing somebody's party pad. I have always had a great time at La Fiesta, Ralph is passionate about food and a fun guy to hang out with. Leave the tourists to give the reviews. The expats already know what's going on, and a bad review won't keep me from exploring anyways. The business owners here are part of the same small community, giving them bad reviews just puts a bad taste in the mouth of people who may already be on the fence of sticking around due to many reasons (every expat has his/her list). While expats are in these businesses to make money, their secondary reasons are usually to provide a place to hang out with friends. I would rather see these places stay, even if they don't always get it right.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    He's got to sell teh place before he can go anywhere. Had dinner there friday (schnitzel), another excellent meal. They also have a jam session on friday nights, often featuring some top notch musisians from local and abraod.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,409 / 1,264
    La Fiesta is on the highway on the mountain side. It is 100 meters before the Dauin/Bacong boundary. Kilometre marker 12.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Hi all.. To those interested we have a loose jam night at Fiesta every fri night - sometimes its amazing ,sometimes a few bum chords and sour notes..but its always fun and good vibes.. if anyone plays an instrument , is a frustrated Elvis or Clapton...or would simply like to come down and perform or participate in any way [ that includes applauding ] - we would love to see you down there - the night usually kicks off at 7pm and has been known to go to 3am much to the delight of Ralfs pinoy neighbors who throw bottles at ralf by way of encouragement!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    I chatted with Ralph a few months ago over beers and he said he had a big kitchen fire and almost lost everything because the staff ran away instead of using the fire extinguisher. He was pretty upset about the incident which is understandable to me. Then he told me he was thinking of moving to South America.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    I cannot say i have had a better feed in dumguete then this place, , bloody good portion sizes, a lot of the stuff is freshly cooked and look at the owner,, hes not skinny which can only prove he serves up good stuff!
    sometimes the meal can take a while but this is cause most of the stuff is cooked fresh, when you actually work out the cost of the ingredients i wonder how he can actually sell it at the price they do !

a big thumbs up from me to this place, never had a bad meal here, and always a tasty feed and value for money which is what i am looking for

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Munich-Couple

Munich-Couple DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    But he still try to sell the resto....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    Just correcting a small point, no one mentioned anything about business investments. lol I have personally encouraged people going out that way to pop in. The food is good, its a clean and roomy area, its just a bit far out of town for myself :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    We have never had anythign but great meals at La fiesta. if anyone has a complant, Ralph will fix it. it would be difficult to find better food value here than la fiesta serves up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1