Dumaguete Info Search

What is the greatest threat to Expat life and limb in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Bebasguy, May 4, 2014.

1. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Hi Pat,
    I would have gone one step further. Too bad your brother-in-law didn't move that truck around the corner and just tell the lady he would go in Scooby's and tell the husband, but of course don't tell the husband. Let him sweat it out for a while looking for his truck.
    He'd maybe think twice before he does that again.

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Or call the police because he saw you by chance driving his car with his wife inside, that would make it into the evening news for sure, I leave it up to you to come up with the headline...

3. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Some people must lead very boring lives with no sense of adventure. And by the way, he had permission from the guys wife to move the car. At least my suggestion got 5 thumbs up so far.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    As usual, you misread the post. If it hd been me hopping in the car with the guy’s wife, i would have stayed in the car with her and maybe got some head while waiting for the dude to finish his lunch. If Wyre83’s lady cop interrupted, she would had received a courteous invitation to finish the job! More fun in the Philippines.

5. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Pat , you didn't mention that because of the hot sticky situation inside the vehicle , that you could have insisted that her husband fan you off with a manila folder or such until your little project was completed , maybe even hubby could of passed a little towel to you at the end , just a thought

6. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I was considering to change "you" with "one" but then did not bother anymore, the outcome speaks for itself...
    Of all the scenarios "dreamed up" what would be the most likely one to happen? How would the guy know that Pat's BIL had permission from the wife, while calling the police...

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    And, who in their right mind would think the wife would testify against her husband if he did, and admit she had given permission?

Larry

8. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    um yeah..forget about traffic enforcement..the lto officers have enough to do blowing whistles and directing traffic let alone attempt to instruct someone to pull over and issue a citation. There are no lights to worry about running, there are no posted speed limits, and the police just dont have the budget to obtain breathalyzer or blood alcohol devices to prove that you are driving drunk. Its a kind of "Hey, do what you want, you mess up its your fault and if you hurt someone it comes out of your pocket" mentality. So get used to it.. this isnt a developed country with strict enforcement which is one of the main reasons i actually moved out of the military state of USA which enforces everything from jaywalking. If you dont like the traffic, don't drive, or better, stop bitching and move somewhere else. Ive been here enough years and I have only once seen an accident in duma city, a small moto to moto at an uncontrolled intersection..nothing major.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I would like to add, as a foreigner if ANYONE messes up, it's YOUR fault and comes out of YOUR pocket. Only seen one accident in Duma? We see one or two per month, at least, some much more severe than you describe. Saw one yesterday, in fact (minor).

I agree about the police state the US has become, and it is one of the things that attracted me here. It's called freedom, and on this 4th of July, the Philippines has much more of it than the US has had in 30 years or so. But that freedom does come with a price.

Larry, lovin' and livin' in the land of the free

10. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    You must not get out much. I've seen 4 and have been run into twice in less than a year.