Dumaguete Info Search

What now NORECO?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Outcast, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Already been there... Gave up... :speechless:

2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    That thing does even many expats wrong.

The cities and town north of Dumaguete seems to have more reliable power distribution. Never experienced any non scheduled blackout.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was referring to how the locals in the area call them "pedicabs" when they are not actually pedicabs. Pedicabs are powered by rice, not gasoline. :wink: Only place in the Philippines I've been that refers to Trikes as pedicabs.

Makes sense. I remember the national highway going north being improved before the one going south was. The electrical infrastructure might have grown along with the highway infrastructure. (That's is just an opinion/guess though, I have no idea if that is true.)

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went to google maps satellite view, simple enough to find the geothermal plants past Ocean24, can not find the high voltage power lines feeding anywhere. In the US (yes I know this is not the US), they can be identified fairly easily by the straight clear cut lines. Follow the clear cut and count poles if you want. I am more blind than I thought or they are invisible. I wanted to follow the direction they went to see if they headed to the north side of Duma. No joy...

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a chance that the Geothermal plant may not provide much (if any) power to the area. The power could be purchased by another distributor. I remember living about an hour from a coal power-plant in the US, the power for it was routed to another state over 200+ miles away. Like you said, this isn't the US, but I have heard before that the power produced in Valencia is not used in the area. Though if that is the case it is a bit strange that NORECO used to offer a discount on the electrical bill to residents of Valencia.

Could it also be possible that the power lines were buried? I really don't know sh*t about power distribution or infrastructure at the industrial level, I'm sure my ignorance on the topic is showing here.

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes but highly unlikely because an order of magnitude higher costs and in a seismically active area very stupid. There are a few plants up there and I looked around all of them. The only thing I can think of is based on the large unscheduled blackout last year where the property owner held the whole area hostage for right of way payment before letting the electric company in to clear and repair the lines. It is possible I can't see the lines because they are all overgrown, another dangerous problem waiting to happen.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The power lines are up there if you look visually,not on google,a couple of places you can see them is pulangbato falls and always wondered how they got them up there!
    Another place is azalea resto on the way up to twin lakes,they run right over the mountains to amlan wjere they go under the tanon straight to cebu.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Way to go Cebu........

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    Power from all power plants goes into the national grid, and is dispersed from there. Teh power from valencia crosses teh tanon strtaight at amlan to ginatlan cebu. here is a pic taken off google of the pwer lines at ginatilan;

Edit; looking closer at google earth, ginatilan is too far north to cross to Amlan, I'm not sure where the negros side lands.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017