Dumaguete Info Search

What publications are best for selling a lot

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by the OZ, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL Yes too small! :biggrin:

I WISH I had have bought the 3x 1-Hectare lots (for less) which were available when I bought this Lot. This Lot is one house off of the Highway, very close to the Malatapay Markets, it is very convenient, no need to own a Car as we catch the Jeepney's or local Tricycles to Dumaguete once a month. Just now; my wife is seeing things as I do, and would rather be further away from the 'obvious' as well as neighbours etc.

We would love to be able to build a House well away from our planned Pig Sty's and Chicken Coops etc, as we want to become self sufficient growing our own Meat and Crops etc. We are not planning on anything fancy, maybe a Mexican Desert style House with a terrace on top, small, abstract, comfortable, nice thick walls and insulated from the elements. (Think: Fred Flintsone's House lol) A small Pool is on the bucket list for somewhere to exercise and cool off, just for us, not the entire Barangay, which would most likely be the case if we built one here.

We have a small Nipa Rest House on the lot and are currently having a Bamboo Chicken Coop built which I think is around 4M x 6M (I have not looked at it yet) and it is beginning to look a tad crowded towards the end where we would like to put our House, so might be better to cut our losses and find somewhere with more land before we sink money into it we may not recover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    You need more lot? There is one 14.97 ha lot for sale in Mabinay for 7M. Will that be enough for you? :wideyed::biggrin::whistling::wink: Or must it even be more bigger? :sneaky::laugh::hilarious:

3. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    One Hectare would suit me fine a lil ways out where I could still avail WiFi. I was looking today (keeping on top of things for if we decide to sell our Lot as well as keeping an eye out for a 1000m2 Lot for the OP) and saw a Lot listed in Dumaguete, (from memory Commercial) 649m2 for I think 21.9M! :jawdrop:

So going further out is both more quiet and affordable rather than going in. I also notice land in Bayawan is on the rise big time! I have seen some big asking prices for land there! But prices are all over the place. I can buy 100m2 in Bacong (SIL's Lot) for 50,000php but 100m2 here (friend of a friend) in Maluay will set me back 175,000php! :bag: I suppose you can always ask, whether you get it is another thing entirely! :smuggrin:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Does the AARP have a classifieds section on their website?

5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Did you also checked areas north of Dumaguete? Bais and Tanjay are good areas. But I suppose that the prices in Bais will be climbing when the two malls are finished there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Can’t mention the place? Why not? Hehe. Btw, target expats/wives who belong in the subset who can actually afford to buy a lot of land, can legally own that much land and can afford additional $$ to build on the land. Certain hotels may have such clientele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This part peaked my interest, please elaborate more on this if you can please? I wish to buy a larger lot in a around 18 months/ 2 years when we are done paying for this lot. Are there limits imposed on a Filipina owning larger blocks of land? :o o:

8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Depends on the Filipina. If she is foreign naturalized like my asawa, there is a limit of 1500 m2. If you can call the land agricultural, the limit is 5000 m2. If she/he is Filipino or dual, there is no limit. If you are foreign and not married to a native or ex-native, you can get a condo. Only your native spouse can own, not you so you better have trust.

9. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I actually class myself as antisocial, so the further away the better as long as it has reliable Internet connection and Pay TV available. My only two necessities along with a wiiiiide gap between the neighbours and myself. :wink:
    Thank you for clarifying that, I was not aware of the naturalised requirement. My wife is born and bred here and the Land will be Titled in her name, the House will also carry my name as per the wishes/suggestion of our Attorney. Coming up on 10 years of knowing each other now (for better and worse) so trust is still at a high between us. :wink: :thumbsup:

10. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Good that you have an attorney.