Best Posts in Thread: What visa

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I got a 13A in Oz with my first Filipina wife. One big adavantage doing it overseas is it is permanent on arrival in Phils no one year temporary status.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Please remember that if you get your 13A visa in Australia you will have to arrive into the Philippines within 6 months of it being granted or it will expire. I know because it happened to me.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    Best Answer
    As of now, there is no visa on arrival, so either way its a trip to the embassy for you
    if you will drop anchor here, I would suggest now you have some time to go and do the 13a in your country now and get it behind you and out of the way (will be a lot less messy in terms of requirements if you do it there)

you could just get a straight-up tourist visa (9a) but you will still have to do the extensions as per normal every 59 days, and if you plan on leaving a few times a year like you say then currently you will have to apply for tourist visas again from your next country

again the balikbayan privilege is on hold now too, and who knows when they will relax that and indeed the visa on arrival that was on offer up to the pandemic

I would suggest doing the 13a now in your country, then they will give you a sealed envelope that you take to the BI at Intramuros, when you get here

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1