Dumaguete Info Search

What's the best epoxy/super glue in town?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SurfinUSA, Oct 14, 2011.

1. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    If you want superior strength bonds you can get some adhesives better than the ones mentioned in the other posts.
    As for Metal, use “Devcon” Plastic Steel Epoxy (Made in the US) available at City Hardware,
    also there you can find “Locktight” Super Glue that is quite good.
    For Wood you should not use the ordinary “All Purpose” (Pink) or “Marine” (Gray) “Non Sag” (Cream) Epoxy's from either “Pioneer” or “Cord” they are really made for the poor Filipinos(no offence intended), they all contain a lot of “Filler” that you buy for the price of Epoxy.
    You can buy from both Manufacturer “Clear Epoxy” and also Epoxy “Reducer” to dilute your mix according to your needs, you can actually dilute it so much that you can use it as a Epoxy Clear Coat which is better than “Two Component and Urethane Coats” you can also mix in any filler material that you have(Sawdust, Metal-filings or sand), available on request from “Zenith Marketing” on Real street or “Rejoyce” and sometimes at “Uymatiao”.(They are not always available in “Household” size)
    For Cabinetmaking and Furniture use “Pioneer” PVA Carpentry Glue available at the afore mentioned places.
    Have a good time with whatever projects you are attempting...:o

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I bought the Devcon across from Ceres terminal. It seems to be very good-can't break it apart.

The Epoxy Steel at Handyman made by Cord (I guess) wasn't any good at all.

Gerry if you haven't bought the JB Weld maybe I dont need it. If you have, I'll go ahead and pay you for it of course

:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ops, on second thought go ahead bring me a couple Gerry