Dumaguete Info Search


Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

When Trust is lost! We become Vunrable

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 10, 2014.

  1. tomtorific

    tomtorific DI Senior Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    Messages:
    994
    Likes Received:
    98
    Perhaps I am the one of the few who find myself married to a successful Filipina. She owns her own home in a gated village in Quezon City. Owns six lots in that that same village free and clear which she purchased for cash. Owns several businesses and rental properties, and is a good money manager. When we discussed purchasing property jointly in the Duma-Valencia area for our retirement, I balked at the mere fact that I would have no ownership even as her Bana. At her suggestion, she offered to sell several of her lots to finance in cash the retirement home. Has it become a reality? Not yet. Do I have stupid written on my forehead, I don't think so. She finances she keeps the property and me as a masaya Bana.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  2. john boy

    john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2,894
    Likes Received:
    839
    Tom has the wife got a sister ?
    Seriously. Your very fortunate to be in that position. How did you acquire a command of Tagalog?
    We all know from experience examples of Rip off Philippines. However there are lots of happy ever after stories too.
    Anyone wanting to share them under a " lessons learned" thread as suggested by Wyre..
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    Messages:
    13,106
    Likes Received:
    5,029
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No matter how many times I tell my girlfriend I cannot get her to believe that I am a messiah. How did you do it?
     
  4. tomtorific

    tomtorific DI Senior Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    Messages:
    994
    Likes Received:
    98
    I do have a Sister-In-Law JB, she recently became a widow. However they broke the mold with my Marie. Marie taught me some tagalog, but I have a long way to go and never expect to become anywhere close to fluent. Except for the curse words she occasionally uses towards to the U.S. Embassy and myself. :smile:
     
    • Like Like x 2