Dumaguete Info Search

When Trust is lost! We become Vunrable

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Perhaps I am the one of the few who find myself married to a successful Filipina. She owns her own home in a gated village in Quezon City. Owns six lots in that that same village free and clear which she purchased for cash. Owns several businesses and rental properties, and is a good money manager. When we discussed purchasing property jointly in the Duma-Valencia area for our retirement, I balked at the mere fact that I would have no ownership even as her Bana. At her suggestion, she offered to sell several of her lots to finance in cash the retirement home. Has it become a reality? Not yet. Do I have stupid written on my forehead, I don't think so. She finances she keeps the property and me as a masaya Bana.

• Like Like x 3
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Tom has the wife got a sister ?
    Seriously. Your very fortunate to be in that position. How did you acquire a command of Tagalog?
    We all know from experience examples of Rip off Philippines. However there are lots of happy ever after stories too.
    Anyone wanting to share them under a " lessons learned" thread as suggested by Wyre..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No matter how many times I tell my girlfriend I cannot get her to believe that I am a messiah. How did you do it?

4. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I do have a Sister-In-Law JB, she recently became a widow. However they broke the mold with my Marie. Marie taught me some tagalog, but I have a long way to go and never expect to become anywhere close to fluent. Except for the curse words she occasionally uses towards to the U.S. Embassy and myself. :smile:

• Like Like x 2