Dumaguete Info Search

Where can I watch NFL football?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cheeeze, Sep 6, 2011.

1. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I looked into the game pass, too, but for those prices you could buy season passes!! (j/k) I haven't tried this, nor am endorsing it, but I saw a program, which seems to have pretty good reviews, which you can get for free to watch the games, in supposedly good quality. You might want to check into it. The only thing that makes me leary of it, is it is P2P, but like I said, the online reviews looked pretty good. It's at SopCast - Free P2P internet TV | live football, NBA, cricket

2. elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think he does. Coz most of the time, he watches NFL and one time i asked, "Dolphins have a game again?" he said "No I'm just watching replays". But, everytime his loved team has one, he will sleep early and wake up in the middle of the night :wink: Then post threads in Miami's website :smile:

3. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Game Pass works fine, if you have a fast enough, reliable enough internet connection so that you can stream live video without constant buffering.
    Best to have a dedicated line and if you do not, it is a good thing the games are live at a time when net traffic is relatively low here. I have tried to watch games from the archive between say about 4pm and 9pm and it is pretty bad, even if with a 3 mbps non dedicated line. We are switching to a 2mbps dedicated line and going to see how it works. We have Sky and considering the inconsistencies I would not say it is the best. Maybe PLDT is better? However, from midnight to sunrise, Sky is usually good enough speed to watch a game and enjoy it. Maybe stutter for a couple seconds 2-3 times in a 3 hr period, sometimes.

4. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Soccer to me is extremely boring. Just a step up from watching paint dry. American football, either college or pro, heck even the CFL which has slightly different rules, is the best sport ever invented in MY opinion.

You have 2-3 options when you sign up for Game Pass. The least expensive offers no archive, but it is less than half price as I recall. I got the package with archived games and monthly subscription. It is about $62 a month. If you pay for a month only but no subscription, it is a little more too than an individual month that is part of a subscription. The neighbors got Game Pass too.
    It is all about your download speed though and dedicated line is the best.

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,030
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What's soccer ? South America, central America, African, Middle east, Europe,
    Asia, Australian new Zealand plus more. Oh even, north America plays FOOTBALL. the game played with the feet.

Cissy guys that play in tights and so much body armor they can't run,
    and stop play every 15 mins for the commercials. American football sucks :p
    Very little skill.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    come on don't be like that... that's what you do when you are not good in a team sport, take one sport nobody else plays and call it world-whatever-series ... and if some in the world play it, you change the rules for your country and say "we play it different" just in case you mess it up at international events.

having said that, I watch it once in a while, some cheerleaders are pretty cute and still more interesting than cricket :p

so back to topic, it really all stands and falls with the internet connection you have. In most hotels you won't have much luck with live-streaming even on low resolution you go through with a lot of buffering in between. I use livescorehunter and others for watching live-streams

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    too bad you are not well rounded enough to appreciate great athletes in all sports. When I have the opportunity to watch a Messi-Rooney-Ronaldo-Kaki, I marvel at their skills on the field and their non-stop action. Likewise, in a much different sport, American football is exciting for those who understand the strategy. As for sissys, I personally admire world class rugby players and would vote them the toughest non-sissy's in all sports, English hoodlums included.

8. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Based on your very ignorant comments it is very obvious you have never tried to play it.
    Sissies? Child please. :rolleyes: Yeah they wear some pads, but it would be impossible for humans to withstand the kinds of collisions they have, for very long, without some kind of padding.

The amount of unique skill it requires to be a successful NFL quarterback is beyond any other position in any other sport in the world.

Very little skill? What a joke. :rolleyes:

The fact that Americans could invent this great sport that requires use of hands and feet is just an indication we have evolved to a greater degree than the rest of the world.:wink:

9. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Pat, Have you ever heard this saying?

Rugby is a hoodlum's game, played by gentlemen, and soccer is a gentleman's game, played by hoodlums.

Several Brits I've known, say that is true, at least generally speaking. :smile:

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    I played soccer in a catholic CYO league when I was young, but then switched to Pop Warner type football, played QB and safety, and quickly became aware of the different skills. I compare soccer to an NFL punter or field goal kicker in terms of skills.
    Obviously, soccer is more popular on a world wide basis, no one is making that argument.
    many non-Americans cannot pick up on the skills and strategy or understand a QB calling an audible when he reads the defense alignment. In terms of pure athletic skills, no comparison. In terms of world-wide popularity, hats off to soccer.