Dumaguete Info Search

Where to Find Where to buy a safe in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Mr. Reddit, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I am looking to buy a safe for my cottage and would like to know where to buy one in Dumaguete. It has to be large enough to fit a 15" laptop. If one that size is too expensive, then I will build one, in which case I need to find a place that sells 1/4" steel plate cut to size. Thanks ahead.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by hawk263, Aug 20, 2015 (5 points)
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    My suggestion would be for you to contact Sentry Safe's marketing company in Manila and ask if they have a distributor here. I believe it will be quite costly for one that size. I bought a smaller one 8 years ago and it wasn't cheap. An alternative we used at my former company was a chain with a lock that fits into most laptops. I have one you could try out and see if it works for you.
    Zenorex is Sentry Safe's Philippines marketing arm, website with contacts is:
    Zenorex Marketing Corporation

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    There are several safe's at HandyMan in the mall, different sizes,etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cghurst

cghurst DI New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I got quite a nice one from Kangs, upstairs at far end.
    Various different sizes, quality ok too

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Best Answer
    Citi Hardware, U Matiou, National Bookstore and many smaller traders all sell safes that would do the job.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    Matiao Trading would be on top of your possibilities. If none is available, you can always try to talk to them about ordering you one. Otherwise, steel plate if that thickness might be a little difficult to find here. I once was looking for 1/4 inch steel plates for use as targets but had to scavenge from a local junk shop for it.

Aside from that, when you find some steel plates, you will need the proper tools to cut it. Unless you already have those. They do not rent those kind of tools here.

• Like Like x 1