Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Where to buy furniture

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by jimeve, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you want Custom Furniture with the additional hidden storage then you will have to pay the price.

I did not see anything I liked Bed wise in Mandaue or Hypermart, so I realise I will need to have a bed custom made. I do not like the cheap metal frame beds which are not so sturdy and often tear out the welded brackets as I experienced back in Australia. I prefer solid wood with sturdy brackets and joints.

Rustic Furniture often state that the woods they use are rare, hardy or termite/bocboc proof unlike the cheaper made Coconut Lumber/ Bamboo beds available. (Plus I just love a nice grain/ mix of different timbers)

Beware the places that use green freshly cut timber as it will shrink and crack a year or two after being built. Try to ensure that you are getting seasoned (dried) timber if you approach any Furniture maker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. manoacarl

manoacarl DI New Member

Retired Merchant Marine
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for the map (Karl)

3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Heard there was some furniture being sold second and out Ajong way. Any point going out there to have a look? Anyone know please?

4. Yellowbelly

Yellowbelly DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 15
    I live out Ajong way but unfortunately don’t know where this furniture is. I’ll keep an eye out as I travel around or if you find out anything more and let me know I can pop along and have a look.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Wife just ordered a bookcase from a business next to Avon. They will use mahogany and said it would take some time as they had to dry it out before making it to the specifications. Good answers all the way around.

6. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I think it was off the highway down by the beach. Big house.

7. Yellowbelly

Ratings:
    +42 / 15
    Sorry for late reply, been out all day - I’ll have a drive around tomorrow to see if I can see it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Yellowbelly

Ratings:
    +42 / 15
    Haven’t been able to locate this place yet. The pictures are from a furniture maker a little further along the coast in San José.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yellowbelly

Ratings:
    +42 / 15
    Never found the Ajong place but saw this on Facebook. Don’t know how to put a link!!!!

Attached Files:

10. Philpots

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks my friend but I since found out from discussions with other people that what was being sold was cheap second hand stuff they had bought from shops in Cebu and the like and prettied up a bit. They were flogging it off to pay the rent and other things according to my contacts who shall remain nameless. Not my cup of tea. But thanks again for taking interest in my request.