Dumaguete Info Search

Where to Eat?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by ariana, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ariana

ariana DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi! I am planning to have a food tour in Dumaguete. Can you suggest if what are the places to check out and the food and delicacies to try? Thanks!

2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    You might want to try TripAdvisor. That way you can see the ratings of many.

3. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    When it comes to the local food there is no such thing as delicacies. The philippines is not known for it,s fine cuisine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FstopTom

FstopTom DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Retired- US govt/Entrepenuer/Photography
    Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm still a total newbie-- but there are 3 places situated close to each other that you may want to consider-
    1) Cafe Racer-more fun than great-I have been there a few times and liked the tuna belly and the burger was decent- I actually did a trip adviser review recently--plus the beer's cold!
    2) Hayahay's- good seafood for sure-- I liked their sizzling squid and pinakbet(vegetables basically--lol) On the beach side around the corner from cafe racer--been there 2x and it was good both times-this is where the gf wanted me to take her family-that was the 2nd time--lol
    3) Lantaw- I haven't been there yet--but it definitely on my list- known as a native Philippine menu-very family/group popular per the gf-
    They're at the intersection of EJ Blanco and flores (beach drive north of Rizal past the pier a ways)
    I think they are all 4 star on trip advisor--enjoy!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I like Casablanca's daily lunch specials and all their dinner selections, Pasta King's Chicken Parmigiana and pasta dishes, Mike's Beach Resort's Mexican food and burgers, and Why Not Pad Thai Noodle dish. Finally, an unnamed sports bar's affordable American breakfast.
    We live by the Bacong fish market so most meals are home-cooked and come from there.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Also Flip Flops, Lord Byron, Mooon Cafe, True Love & Jo's Chicken. These restaurants and the ones on the previous post are safe bets.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Lantaw is my family's favourite (2 Filipino, 1 foreigner) eating place and I recommend it for quality of food, menu choice, price and service.

8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    There are so many places to eat in Dumaguete and everyone has a different opinion of what's hot and what's not so try them all. For local "delicacies" try the "mobile restaurant" that sets up in the parking lot across from Coco Amigos from 5 pm to about 11 pm. The locals love the balut and tempura.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    NOT ONLY the locals! YOU HAVE to hit up the Boulevard and try the local Balut! I will eat at least two (sometimes 4) each time we stop for Balut! :biggrin:
    DON'T look at it! Just peel the top, drink the juice, then add some vinegar and salt, slurp that down, then peel the shell, pop the lot into your mouth and CHEW! The white is hard like rubber (IMHO the worst part of eating Balut) but it tastes EXACTLY like a boiled Egg with a sliver of chicken breast meat in the middle! VERY YUMMY I KID YOU NOT!! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    When eating "foreigner" foods remember foreigners come from many locations, consequently the hamburger (goes for all dishes) at an American based/run place will taste totally different in a European based/run restaurant or a Filipino based/run restaurant. Do not expect your favorite dish to taste like you favorite dish at home, although sometimes it does happen. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 7