Dumaguete Info Search

Where to Eat?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by ariana, Apr 5, 2017.

1. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    So... the request for recommendations was made 5 days ago and many fine replies are noted. whats missing is a thank you and a report on how the original poster rates the aforementioned....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I'd like to add Kri (on Siliman Ave.) to the list. A very interesting mix of local and international dishes, been there recently and will for sure come back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    If you like Italian food, most likely you have visited Pasta King. Depending on your taste you can rate it from excellent till try it but never again.
    What I don't understand, when I have diner there I also have the experience of being in a sauna. I don't need it freezing cold, but when I am using the full tray of tissues to wipe of the sweating from my face and more I believe something wrong with the temperature inside.
    When asking the waitress she can make it a couple of degrees lower so it feels more comfortable her answer was, unable to do as the temperature of 27 degrees Celcius is set as default. Though 27 degrees should be by far a suitable temperature with only 2 aircon units it is impossible to reach that.
    Hopefully the owner/manager will read this and do something about it.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I was in Pasta King this week. Food was great but air con broke and no one repairing it. Didn't see the owner.

5. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Making a bad review on TripAdvisor often gets the owners attention. I know I would not eat there again if they do not have properly working a/c. For me I would have walked out when I discovered the air con not working, but that's me.

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I noticed you have to be careful there. If the owner is not around the cook might through a cup of sugar into the sauce to make it "better". Caught me off guard the second time I had lasagna, nearly spat it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I highly recommend the TeX Mex lasagna at Y Not. No need for air con..:smile:

8. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The aircon was on, but with only two units not enough to get the whole area on a comfortable climate for having diner without having the feeling am I in a restaurant or in a sauna!?

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    That's Ok if there is room Outside on the Terrace otherwise it can get hot if guided indoors

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yeah, that's how these go. OP blazes through making a handful of posts over the course of a single day. One of those posts is borderline spam. Doesn't make a single reply in any of the posts. And one of the threads takes on a life of it's own with the expats talking to each other about subjects they already know about.

It's a good idea to glance over the history of the thread (pay attention to dates) as well as a quick assessment of the OP so that you know you aren't replying to a zombie or posting into an echo chamber.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1