Dumaguete Info Search

Where to eat....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kojak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the life expectancy guess for Pasta King? The owner seems to alienate just about everyone he is around..

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It will probably die the natural death of so many other business ventures here. Owner will no doubt quote "market forces" as being the reason, rather than admit that lack of business skill and inept practices might have something to do with it.

3. Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try Captain Ribbers' Baby Back Ribs. They only specialize on this so its really good.

They are located beside El Amigo, along Silliman Ave.

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Tried the first Sunday morning British breakfast yesterday, at Casablanca, 7 a.m. till lunchtime.

Fruit juice, bacon, eggs (fried or scrambled), Cumberland sausage, beans, grilled tomatoes, coffee. All cooked to order. 245 peso. Superb.

Book me in for a season ticket.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Casablanca Italian Week

Recommend the specials at Casablanca this week during their Italy dishes this week. The ravioli and the lasagna were outstanding. Also, they have Chianti in the half bottle.

6. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Edelweiss

I went to Edelweiss last night with my wife and brother. I had eaten there a couple times before and the food was good, albeit a bit pricy. However, we were really disappointed last night. We started with a shrimp / mango salad as an appetizer. It was slow coming and finally arrived .... cold (supposed to be warm). When the waitress brought the salad, she asked us if we wanted our main course at the same time. It was already prepared but she could give it to someone else that had apparently ordered the same thing. We told her that the appetizer is normally served BEFORE the main course, duh! Anyway, we ate the cold salad and got our main course later, as requested. The schnitzel was good but we also ordered a Cordon Bleu. When I cut into it, it was raw inside. The waitress insisted that it was the ham that was red, but I showed her the blood running all over the plate so she apologized and brought it back with the excuse that the cook was new. When we received another, it was cooked well and was tasty (I think they used mozzarella cheese though). We ordered a couple galsses of red house wine to eat with our main course. It arrived COLD, in chilled glasses! We told the waitress that we didnt want cold wine (who drinks cold red wine?); she took it back and transferred it into wartmer glasses, haha. Anyway, no management around so no sense trying to reason with anybody. Add that to the smell of cigarette smoke thoughout the restaurant and the constantly screaming baby in the background (not the restaurant's fault, of course) and it wan't an ideal culinary experience, haha. Anyway, at those prices I expected a bit more so, I have therefore crossed Edelweiss off my list.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Best Omelette on the Island @ Mike's Resort

Tasty Spanish Omelette with potatoes and toast, best I had since I left California 4 yrs ago.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Stopped by Para Vita in dauin the other day. I was very happy, the grounds and pool are beautiful and very well maintained. The beach is spotless and the view of the banka's anchored offshore made a great view.

As for food, I had the Hawaiian Pizza, It was a full meal for 1 big eater or 2 kids. It costs P250 and was probably the best I have had in the Philippines. The SMB was ice cold but I didn't look at the price. I will return for sure.
    Ron

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Almost forgot, the staff was very professional and pleasant.
    Ron

10. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Japanese restaurant across from food net on st. catalina beef teppanyaki so good and great price