Dumaguete Info Search

Where to eat....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kojak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Burki

Burki DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find the Blue Monky very good

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Welcome!

:D Well! I guess the intro tell us something about your Dietrie likes:D
    We have said for a long time we should try this resto, do you have any recommendations?
    In any event, welcome to DI, you have I can see, trawled about a little. I hope your stay is long and eventful. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    "Gabby"....."Cafe Laguna"....... now the "Blue Monkey".......
    Might be nice to know where these places are located ???

BTW I heard the Sandpiper closed.....???? Was supposed to have served desent Mexican food????

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    1. Gabby's Bistro. Part of the Florentinahomes complex, Rovira Drive, Bantayan. Head out towards the airport on Real Street and turn right on to East Rovira Drive, Go past the Royal Suites Inn and Gabbys is on the right.

2. Cafe Laguna. Next door to the Hotel Nicanor on San Jose Street.

3. Blue Monkey. On the corner of the Boulevard and Silliman Avenue.

Enjoy.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    El Dorado Lunch - Not Bad

I know there have been many complaints regarding El Dorado Resort but we decided to try it for lunch today and had positive results. We went after two pm so only one other person eating so service was great. We started with a Tanigue sashimi, excellent quantity and quality and enjoyed it more than tuna. Wife had Bicol Express slightly spicy and said it was good, I had the Greek Salad and although a little sparse on the cheese and olives, still pretty good. She had mango juice and I had a couple of tasty margaritas. Always nice to eat down by the sea.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Cafe Laguna!

:confused:Kojak, I was suprised to hear that you have never been or know about Cafe Laguna, I have put 2 photos of the interior for you to see. Give it a try, I am sure you will enjoy.:smile:

Jack P.

Attached Files:

7. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I agree with You on this one Pat, Tanigue is one of My favorites for sashimi, Although I don't know what it's called in other parts of the World. If I'm not mistaken maybe it's called Wahoo. Perhaps Rhoody knows? BTW, some of My Favorites in town is the Shrimp Gambas at Lab As and also their Camiguin Express which is seafood instead of chicken. Bethel happens to make my favorite kilawin Tanigue and my favorite roast chicken is from Jin jin located out in front of the black pearl on the highway....cheers

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Hungry for a Mexican food style dish? Yesterday I had the chicken burrito at Mike's Resort, best flavor mex food I've had in all the PI.

9. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hands down, Mike serves up the best Mexican food in the area. I guess it helps that He's a California Native. His nachos and tacos are the best too, homemade tortilla chips.. Doesn't get any better than that!

10. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi sounds good, please can you tell me where Mike's Resort is?

Cheers