Dumaguete Info Search

Where to eat....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kojak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Robinson's Mall foodcourt has a stand selling lechon baboy by the kilo (390p). Seems expensive to me. Not my cup of tea but wifey will try it tonight. Alternately, Casablanca has great beef you can take home and barbecue, when they have stock.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    What cuts and what's the cost please?

thanks Pat,
    Mark

3. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Mark, I didn't go up to the stand but Crislyn said they seemed to have the complete set of parts, price 390p per kilo. I saw a head sitting on their stand table that I thought of buying to put over my doorbell to keep the kids from ringing it, even though I put a 'turned off, don't wake up the baby sign', but my wife said we would have a crowd in front waiting in line to take a bite out of it. lol

4. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    PatO, i was referring to the casablanca meats... :-)

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Mark, Casablanca beef price will depend on what Guenther gets in, where's it from, and what he had to pay, so it varies. For example, he has US Angus available, you will pay a higher price than if he has Brazilian tenderloin. Probably better if you PM Guenther (Ginni6) and inquire what he has and at what price. I can tell you I have never been disappointed and always tender and no fat. I prefer to barbecue grill my beef as opposed to a broiler or pan fry, Socal style.
    Also, if you are interested, I can hook you up with a guy here who flys in Wagoo Beef from Japan and sells it to friends. It normally comes with 4 steaks in a pack, frozen. They are juicy and tender with a little fat, more like a US ribeye. Very good but around 1200p kilo.

6. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    OUCH! Think I'll go vegan! :-)

7. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Mifune Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar. Lunch or dinner. Fri, Sat nights all you can eat. Tell Naga Charlie sent you. :smile:
    Casa Blanca
    Why not - Sunday breakfast - And their bakery products.
    Lions Den Roadhouse
    Chooks To Go
    Norient Dairy Products
    Our House

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Was at mifune this eve with a couple of friends,wife got chatting to the owner naga as she arrived before the rest of us, much to our surprise we were served two plates of fresh sliced tuna free of charge which were not included in the buffet! Just great food and great atmosphere! Anyone who not tried this place should.

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I like the good news. Tks

10. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    KaliKaf (sp?)

We went to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. It claims to be "healthy" food. At first glance the prices seemed a bit high for what they were offering, but we ordered anyway. It took a very long time, but when my fish did arrive there was a dead bug on top of it. I took my plate to the kitchen window, where all the waitstaff had gathered, and showed them the bug and asked if I could please have a new plate of food made. They handed the plate to the person in the kitchen, who, so very, very carefully, picked up the dead bug off the fish and handed my plate back to me!!! I said "no, this must be thrown out and you have to make new fish". The "chef" said, "I will remove this piece of fish for you"...I said "Nooooo, this whole plate needs to be discarded and fresh fish needs to be made". They told me to take my seat and they would make me a new plate of food, but I told them forget it because I didn't trust them at this point. No, we will not be going back to this place!!