Dumaguete Info Search

Where to eat....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kojak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Old Sloppy Joes...run by a Brit Mark and his Wife Rose, we go there at least once a week ..you must try it it's Cheap Yes,but also good as it is made fresh every day... Spaghetti is one of my favourites at p38 you can't beat it.Also the Halo Halo is made using Fresh Fruit !,not many do that,and you can have it with Ice Cream...or a Nice Banana Split.....just try Sloppy Joes you will get a warm welcome anytime there

2. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Casablanca sold?

Haven't seen Gunter arround for a while. One of the kitchen staff I never saw befrore said there are new owners and pointed out two guys. There was a bad mood in Casablanca. Gunters hospitality and way to deal with people was carrying the place and he was somehow arround even he had off-day. I will not go there again if that what I heard is true.

Can anyone confirm that it is sold ?

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It is not sold. Guenther and Felly have been on vacation in Europe.

Scuttle bucket rumour seems to spread like wildfire here. Remember the panic and mass exodus of people trying to get up the Valencia road because a tsunami was supposed to be coming ??? If you cough at one end of the Boulevard, you'll hear that you've got tuberculosis at the other end.

I'm told that Guenther has returned from vacation and will no doubt re-appear when he is over jet-lag.

4. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thank you for clarification.

I still wonder who those strangers were pointed out as new owners. They run in and out as they would own it. ... very unsympathetic appearances !

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Captain Ribbers noise levels

I tried Captain Ribbers and thought the food was good enough, particularly when you are looking for a change. However the eating environment left a lot to be desired for me. There seems to be an establishment between Captain Ribbers and Moons, that play very loud music. Captain Ribbers also plays very loud music and the two systems intercept in the "enclosed" dining room with no window panes. For me when I had slow service, a lady I wanted to talk and noise beyond any form of entertainment it was like being in a torture chamber. Now I know that the Philippines is noisy country, where people 18 inches apart yell at each other during normal conversations, but for me this i not particularly desirable. I am mentioning this because if you are looking for quiet dating type quiet spot, this is not the spot to go. If you want to go have some drinks, and eat barbecue it may be ok.

6. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Just curious why you would eat at a "rib" place then order burger and fish O-| ? Almost never order fish at a steakk house or steak at a fish restaurant and so on.

This may spound off the wall but go to Mifune Japanese Restaurant on Sta. Catalina Street and order anything with their ribs included. I don't think you will be disappointed. They are great. Just tell Naga and or Eveb Charlie sent you. :smile:

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Yummy Eats. Valencia

:smile: After some years of talking about it, A good friend of ours and her brother, have opened a Small eatery in the market area of Valencia adjacent to the Roasted Chicken Place, I believe. We have not been to try it out yet. just thought I would ask here, if anyone has, Beth has told us she has had a few Foreigners returning which has given her and her brother some encouragement, from what she tells us the food is varied and it sounds as if the prices are good. I read here some time ago, that there was a need for a nice, well priced eatery in the Area so I hope it takes off and maybe I can pass on some comments from anyone who has visited.

JP.

8. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Bambulo

My new favorite resto. We went to Bambulo's tonite for supper. It is on the road between Valencia and Bacong. Nice atmosphere, good german food and really good service.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I agree on bambulo;s Restaurant

It totally agree with you regarding Babmbolu's. The service is very good, cloth napkin level service and they knew my name on the second visit. It is a great place to take your favorite lady for a romantic evening. The swimming pools when the lights and fountains are on add to the romantic atmosphere of the place.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Barbecue Jones
    Must be the week for restaurants. Barbecue Jones opened up yesterday near Moon Cafe on Silliman. I checked out the menu but didn't order. It appears they are a low cost barbecue - order at the counter.