Dumaguete Info Search

Where to eat....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Kojak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Btw, Calda offered a 36 inch pizza that needs to be turned sideways to get it through the door.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Calda is a chain, many of them on Cebu and Mindanao. We have always enjoyed their pizzas from Northern Cebu to General Santos. The one in Duma was rather lackluster, the least impressive of anywhere we have had them. It's gone now, no more.

Larry

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We had probably one of the best pizzas I have had in the Philippines last night. Much like a pizza from an old fashioned pizza parlor in the US, the ones that smelled of woodsmoke when you walked in? Was loaded an inch thick with meat and vegies, medium crust crispy on the bottom, and a thick tomato base... At Leyland's in Argao.

Larry

4. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ditto what SteveB said about Garcias, easy to find, easy parking, good pizza and lasagna and nice atmosphere.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Just one family's opinion, but the new Italian restaurant in Dauin is a major disappointment. Firstly, only house wine is available for at a place where they charge Casablanca-type prices for their main courses. N/A. Secondly, as an example, their calamari came dry with no sauce to dip in. Lastly, my pasta was dry and I would not order it again. In fairness, one dish that was really good was their fresh fish dish, but very expensive. I offered some complaints and understood the owner has other businesses and was not there to talk to me.

6. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hey Pat, just Me John.... Sorry to hear that about the Wine, but hopefully I can make it up to You with the nice bottle of Cab I brought for You. I arrived late Saturday afternoon and Today We will be heading to Cebu sometime in order to take care of the Girls passports Tomorrow at The U.S. Consulate. We'll be back sometime on Wedsnesday. We are staying at the Go Hotel right now behind Robinsons. Think We will take the Aircon Bus sometime between 10am-1pm. Check in time at the Tune Hotel across from Ayala Mall isn't till around 3pm anyways.As for right now, I will probably take a walk to the Open Market for a little exersize and buy some bananas...ttyl I will PM U

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Welcome back John. Let's catch up when you come back from Cebu Good luck with the passports, make sure you bring all the required docs and pictures.

8. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think just about every time I want to complain to a manager in this country, they are always not 'here sir'...

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tried the Beef Stroganoff at Moooooooooon Cafe at Robinsons today. Meh, pretty bland. Not bad, just not good.

Fish and chips later at the Black Pearl were decent.

10. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I googled Leyland's and came up with this, siguro its not oregano on your pie....LOL.....

Cebu Daily News | Cebu's Only Independent Newspaper