Dumaguete Info Search

Where to find good and cheap lumber shop

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by disonmad956, Nov 23, 2018.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 92
    amihan lumber will rough saw mahogany to ur specs .

https://goo.gl/maps/5586j2WTrUJ2

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    You can get nominal lumber at City Hardware in Dumaguete. It is expensive. In the Philippines local mills cut actual. Many lumber yards and lots of illegal logs around the area. Just remember if you want nominal cut then don't ask for a 2x4 or that will be what you get.

Common Sizes: Nominal vs. Actual. The most common type of dimensional lumber is the 2x4 (two-by-four). Due to the thickness of the saw, the 2 x 4 is not 2 inches wide and 4 inches deep but is 1.5 in × 3.5 in (38 mm × 89 mm). So, a 2 x 4 is nominally two inches by four inches but is actually 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    If you don't want to be awoken by termites eating your home you need to get you some Taurus SC Termiticide/Insecticide from Amazon.com. I found out the hard way. Taurus SC Termiticide/Insecticide is undetectable to termites.

When they get it on them they take it back to the nest and literally kill the whole termite colony. Doesn't take long until the word gets out. Five years now termite free.

If you have a termite company do it, it will cost a small fortune.

I have been told that gemelina the termites wont eat but I also learned there are two types of gemelina. The wrong one the termites love.

Here is my little grass shack.. Where the Humuhumu, Nukunuku a puaa goes swimming by... Nipa Hut Lamb.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    disonmad956

disonmad956 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  5. OP
    OP
    disonmad956

disonmad956 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you a lot! For this great and helpful information its really good to know. I didn't know know theres 2 types of germilina tree.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1