Dumaguete Info Search

Which Dumaguete bar/club is most frequented by LGBTQ+ community and its allies?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by eyemeyts, Jan 14, 2020.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Nobody here gives a d*mn about the *LGBT community*. Your a person and as long as respect others noone cares if your LGBT and as such they just hang out with everyone else and are just accepted as people rather then needing a label to try and validate themselves. Most every Filipino has at least one gay or ladyboy friend, lesbians can't say so much as they just appear normal to everyone else except their private life happens to be with another female.

The western LGBT community could really learn a thing from Filipino's.

• Like Like x 2
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I would correct your second sentence: You might say LBGTQ are now” well tolerated” by most in the West but in the Philippines, they are accepted (better than “tolerated”) without a second thought. It is irrelevant that the people are Catholic. Spousal family members of both genders who are gay and Catholic are also quite religious. I agree that same sex marriage will take a while but it seems that the problem is not “acceptance”, it is more like that is not how things are done traditionally and that kind of tradition is slow to change here. There is little or no gay political agenda that I can see here, thus not much movement in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk