Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Which Dumaguete company will root a Samsung Phone

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave_Hounddriver, May 25, 2017.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Was once in the local news after a such case happened in a big multimedia shop.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just looked up in Google;

Vivo is a Chinese technology company that designs, develops, and manufactures smartphones, smartphone accessories, software, and online services. It was founded in 2009 in Dongguan, Guangdong, China.

Anything goes there (China) so you are most likely right on the money, they most likely rooted the Phone to either to improve performance, or (most likely) to fix an unforeseen stuff up in earlier programming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Best Answer
    Interesting that businesses/apps are checking that status. Of course with a rooted phone I'm sure there are ways to restrict their access to view such information. I don't root my phones anymore but if I did I certainly would be looking for a way to keep apps that don't need SU access from knowing if my phone is rooted.

Having a rooted phone does not necessarily mean your phone is more vulnerable. You just have to take certain precautions to keep it secure. Of course, if I bought a phone I thought was new and noticed it was rooted I would immediately take it back (or "unroot" that phone). You have absolutely no idea what type of code/app a person may have hidden in that OS. The phone could be collecting and pushing out private information to a server somewhere.

On a related note: You should also be careful selling your used phones. Just because you delete everything and did a factory reset doesn't mean that someone can't recover your deleted files/pictures. There are plenty of free apps on the app stores that can quickly find that stuff.

Stop Thieves From Recovering Your Data After A Factory Reset

TLDR: Make sure your phone's hard drive is encrypted (if the option is available)....then do a factory reset. There is basically no reasonable way the information can be recovered after that. (Unless someone like the NSA or CIA has your phone. But if they are looking through your phone you probably have much bigger things to worry about.)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1