Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Which restaurants are in problems and will not survive?

1. Octagon_Sportsbar

Octagon_Sportsbar One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I have it on excellent authority that Octagon Sportsbar will survive, I know this because I'm the owner! Honestly is this a good topic to chat about or just for making gossip!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you wish to try your luck in the courts here go right ahead. I'm curious how someone could defame an anonymous person online, what reputation or damages could an anonymous person have. It is also a requirement to mitigate damages...and identifying yourself in any such lawsuit would significantly increase those damages. I suggest you speak with a lawyer if you wish to move forward with such a lawsuit.

Also, no one called you scum, it was stated that there are plenty of scum foreigners in the Philippines...if you decided to wear those shoes and lace them up, well, that's on you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Update on Gabby's. I spoke to Gabby yesterday and asked him about keeping seniors out. He told me that's most likely an old rule and all ages are welcome.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i have to appreciate "tuba_coma"s reply. the sentiment voiced here that the restaurant business is tough in the best of times is so true! we have eaten at PJ's twice in the past month and both times it had a goodly number of patron. Jerry will be surprised to hear he is not going to make it. ate at Latino's yesterday and we were two of nine. Marco said covid has been tough for him but that he is doing "ok". i always liked the food at two story but hated the parking situation. never did see much traffic at grumpy's even before covid. i never know there even was a restaurant at don ataliano. in seven years i never heard the name, thought it was insurance or somethng.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Didn't even notice and we're there every week. I was under the impression Ollette owned not only the building, but Don Atilano AND JLH. JLH is best deli in town, meat as good as Belcris with more manageable quantities. Mustards, pate, cheese, salami, hot dogs, wines, baguettes (after 12), easy PARKING.....

Atilano was great food, expensive, but marginal service (one main course, appetizer 15 min later, 2nd main course 15 min after that; that was our last visit two years ago.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  6. Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    forget that last post.
    After a lengthy discussion we have decided to persevere, for the time being anyway. Fish is starting to become a problem so it will be pork, chicken, beefburgers, curries, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think it is alright to name businesses if it is in the right context. Examples:
    "How is *insert business name* doing during the quarantine?"

"Is *insert business name* offering carry-out to help mitigate the loss of sit-in customers?"

"I wish *insert business name* would offer carry-out or delivery."

The wrong way to go about dropping names would be speculation and unconstructive criticism. Remember that in the Philippines defamation is a criminal offense and what matters is the intent of your words, not if those words are factual or not. If your intent is to bring shame or bad repute to a person or business that could land you in some trouble. The line between defamation and giving a negative review/opinion that serves the public is a fuzzy one. The moderators here are not lawyers or judges nor are we mind readers capable of knowing your true intent but we will use our best judgement to remove what we feel are libelous and unfair comments towards a person or place of business.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And then we imported a German royal family who had to change their surname in 1917, but some members of which still had Nazi sympathies in WWII.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Much like adding a little bit of spaghetti to a bowl of sugar here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Hawaiian pizza" was created by a Canadian.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1