Dumaguete Info Search

Which restaurants are in problems and will not survive?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Whitebear, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok, went out again as is customary on Friday. driving along we decided on Mafioso as we had not been there since the lockdown. Parking no problem. Sign in, not bad until they wanted us to fill in an area where no one above the last had filled anything in. The wife asked what info was needed. She ended up just Xing the lines and that was good. Then we had to bend over and close to the temp register, they were not touching it, took a while to get close enough. Got that all done was ready to go in, but wait, another surprise. Go down to the side and read the menu and place your order outside before you can go in.

Ended up leaving going to Gabby's and had a nice meal and experience.

Goodbye Mafioso.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

don't know about mafioso but we agree gabbys (on rovera? near the airport) is handling this well. so is latinos, spice in valencia, JP's, senioritas at the airport, why not and casablanca. gabby near ace hospital just re opened as well. you also have members here with food service in valencia joy's delicacies and zacks on the way to there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    KRI,that resto beside Insular Hotel, is folding up. KRI is sister company of ALIMA.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I swear I saw their sign somewhere else in town recently. I can't remember where or if they were open.

5. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I saw KRI the other day down the street from Harold's Mansion on Hibbard Ave. approximately across the street from The Pearl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    KRI has moved in with Iris' & Ritchie's third member of the triumvirate, Esturya, where you saw the new sign, near Flamin Grill and Tres Bistro. Haven't yet checked out a "combined menu." Sad they lost Marco, the genius of Esturya. Whoever is doing the pizza now at least watched Marco carefully.

I remember our first Boscaiola pizza, a year or more ago, we asked if we could add bell peppers or something. Big mistake, HUGE, the word from the kitchen was, in a nice way, "the pizza is perfect the way it is," or similar. And, wow, it was, still is. <grin>

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    They probably moved but what I saw was the removal of the signage, tables, chairs, etc from the old place across Silliman.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  8. Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    So many restos and other businesses have closed because of the high cost of space rentals and customers come in trickles or none at all—-Sunburst, Bo’s Coffee Robinsons, etc etc. Shops or restos that will surely survive are those whose owners own their places of business (no monthly rental obligations) like Flamin’Grill, RM Coffee Shop, Koffichino, Tip Top Coffee shop or Tiffles, SansRival boulevard, Golden Roy’s, Cafe Filomena, Ma Mia’s, Gabby’s Bistro in Bantayan and Gabby’s Bed & Breakfast in Daro among others.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I saw the sign, they said they relocated to Hibbard which is now named Airport Road. Did that relocation fold?

Walked by the old location today and saw a sign that announced Garage Sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Selling a garage? Lol. Is there a car in it?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1