Dumaguete Info Search

Who can recomment me a computer repair man/shop

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by mokum, Jan 22, 2013.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    My second computer bought by Octagon has problems. Audio stopped functioning, I see a red cross over the audio sign and get the message "your speakers are not plugged in" altough they are.
    I will not bring it back to Octagon while it's still under garanty what means that they will send it to Manila for repair like the former one.
    Three month's later after a lot of hassle and with the help of the Department of Trade and Industry they had to give me this (new) now broken again CP. O-|

2. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    try

1. OPEN YOUR "CONTROL PANEL"...THEN OPEN "HARDWARE AND SOUND"
    2. LOOK FOR AND CLICK OPEN "DEVICE MANAGER"
    3. SCROLL DOWN TO '' SOUND,VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER''
    4. RIGHT CLICK "SOUND VIDEO AND GAME OPTION"...THEN AN OPTION WILL COME UP SAYING..."SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES"...CLICK IT AND HEY PRESTO...YOUR SOUNDS AND VIDEO AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING!

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    If you still need a computer guy, your could try Glen 09494202253. He has done well for me.

4. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks for your quick reply., clear copy.
    All you descibe I did already several times without result.
    I even redownloaded from Realtec the" Ethernet controller all in one version" but still no sound.
    Sunday I was listening to my favorite Jazz station wenn suddenly the sound stopped and the red cross red started to show.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    This is exactly why I will never again buy anything from Octagon. Absolutely NO customer service after the sale. We too had to take them to DTI for resolution on something that should have been taken care of in less than a minute.

DG Tech has great after sale service (even warranteed a printer not bought from them). Ace logic and Algorythm would be my second choice.

Larry

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    My usual fix for something of this nature would be to buy a new PCI sound card. Cheap, easy, and effective.

Larry

7. Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The Ethernet is NOT your sound card/audio device. Since you have refreshed your hardware change, do you see any exclamation marks in device manager for your audio hardware device? Otherwise try a simple restore to previous date by clicking on the START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, then SYSTEM RESTORE. Select a BOLD DATE previous to the time that happened and let windows do its thing then reboot. See how you go otherwise it is cheaper to buy a replacement sound card as Shadow as advised compared to spending money on a tech to assess/repair it for you only to tell you the exact same thing :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks Larry and Ninja,
    I did the restore too, no result so it must be the sound card or the worst possibility the mother board like in that first misproduct I bought from Octagon.
    Tomorrow is our shopping day and I will bring this thing to one of the here recommended CP doktors, I don't trust myself to change the card myself without doing more damage.

9. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    :oTomorrow is our shopping day and I will bring this thing to one of the here recommended CP doktors, I don't trust myself to change the card myself without doing more damage.[/QUOTE]

Sound is on again. Dropped the CP off by Algorithm this morning at 0845. Everybody there awake and working. A few hours later I got a text saying I could pick up the CP.
    They found nothing wrong, sound worked perfect when they plugged it in for testing..
    So I think the thing needed a shake like some people do. The two km rattle on the dirt road from my house to the “highway” followed by a 20 km lighter rattle on the highway seems to have cured the thing. Next problem I will first take it for a ride before bothering you on this forum with questions.
    Thanks again for your participation.
    Mokum