Dumaguete Info Search

Who has an extra pulse oximeter?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Mara1306, May 29, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    How do you know for sure she is healthy?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I would find it very difficult to recommend a protocol that in your experience has such a short-term effect.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Encouraging people to violate the law by advising them to hord prescription medications without a prescription from a doctor is the issue here. If you are a medical student then you should KNOW that this is illegal, unethical, morally corrupt and downright stupid advice to give to people without a medical degree. If you don't know this, please let us know which hospital you end up working at and your hours so we can all avoid your ignorant and corrupt beliefs. Any license to practice medicine you receive should be immediately revoked if these beliefs are upheld in your professional career. You are scared and stressed about covid, I get it...but that will not be an excuse here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Asking auntie to pass on the valuable knowledge she appears to have is nearer to adulation than denigration.

5. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Back to the original question ... I bought a finger oximeter from Lazada for about 350 peso. It arrived in just a few days and works fine.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I got Shopee. Took longer :smile:, but I did it some time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The trick is to:

1) Order from a supplier in Manila. The shipping takes longer for suppliers in China.

2) Do not order from a post that says "Pre-Order". This means that the Manila supplier does not have it in stock. Look at the time to ship in the post.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Could you give the name of the seller and oximeter you purchased, please.

I note that Amazon.com is selling some at around P1000 equivalent and these are named brands and FDA approved. So naturally I would be concerned at using a health product which is less effective at doing its job. However, both yourself and @SkipJack are scientifically knowledgeable and have bought from Shopee/Lazada - so it would benefit members to know exactly which product you purchased.

9. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    If you go to Lazada and do a search for finger oximeters you will see hundreds of them listed. They range in price from under 200 peso to several thousand peso. This is the one that I got, and it works very good. I took it with me when I went to the hospital to visit a patient who was hooked up to a pole mounted hospital heart monitor / oximeter, I put mine on his other hand and the reading was identical, so I know it is calibrated.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...o4l.searchlist.list.2.143657c1s1hlxI&search=1

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Thanks Thanks x 1