Dumaguete Info Search

Who Were They

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jul 10, 2018.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Be very wary seems very strange they knew your full name and address as you said. Might be worth checking in with the police to see if these characters are known. They would sure catch the locals attention.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    For closure on this, I think they must have figured 5 black guys against one old handicapped former marine wouldn’t be enough and are waiting reinforcements.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. kaayo

kaayo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This is most unusual, and I'd really like to hear if you ever get an answer. I've never heard anything like this. A lot of Jehovah Witnesses are black (one big guy hangs around the boulevard), but they usually visit in pairs, not 5, and usually random door to door, unless you've had contact with them and expressed interest.

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    They never came back to my house. I think church-affiliated members would have left pamphlets or whatever. I am not a member of any of those organisations.
    How they knew my name and address is a mystery.

5. HAVOCGOOSE 22

HAVOCGOOSE 22 DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Goofball, LOL Retired AFSOC
    Ratings:
    +42 / 6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well to me, and just me for that sake, I would go to the police ASAP! And I would get. A picture of the said guy in town! Ask your in-law if this is one of the guys that came by! 5 guys in a van to me = ,not to scare you, kidnapping? Did any of them give a name? If your place is out there such as mine is here around the mountains near Angeles, all my Neighborhood knows who I am but my wife has asked them not to tell our names or exactly who I/we are. I have a 12’ Wall all around my place but it is not out in the open and if you don’t know me you will end up going down a lot of dead ends running into one of my workers houses and that will sound the Alarm! My workers will take your picture, ask your name, speak in 5 different dialects, and ask the same of everyone in the car! Also all of my workers have tons of kids and will drive you crazy asking you everything up to the size of your dick, LOL..

I have lived in this community for more than 20 years and I am in a wheelchair but we really like where we are and most of the community likes us very much to but as always Drugs and booze and giving them a few pesos might get you some info, I will still find out you are coming through the bamboo network!!!

If you are out as you say and hard to find, again for me it would be something to report and as I said before pictures if you can, at least give yourself piece of mind that there were no ill intentions!! But then again the cops might be in on what ever too, not to make you go crazy!!! I would have your wife get a licens for a gun and pick you one up, do not tell anyone you have it!!! Even the workers and then have her ger a good shotgun, have the bullets reloaded with rock salt which leaves really bad wounds and is hard to hide! Until you get a good security system in place, Cameras that run off solar and such.

You just never know when you might be a target or someone just wanting to say Hi, these days are really getting hard for people and they are getting to where anything for a peso is coming back as it was in the Marcos time. Be careful and good luck!!! Goose out

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Good to keep in mind what they look like. Is the van nice looking or looking like some pos piece of scrap? Are the guys well dressed like shirt and tie type, dirty crap, or just average? How do they carry themselves, like respectable middle class guys or a bunch of slouches and thugs?

If looking groomed and taken care of in a nice van and collars and ties I'd be thinking Mormons or even worse maybe some Jehovah's witness's. If the other kind maybe just some kidnappers hoping to make a quick buck and behead you if no money and as such no big deal. Its the first kind you have to be careful of! (alright alright 2nd kind)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    The second type take your head - the first type take your soul.

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Agree. I only posted because it related to my earlier post about who it may have been.