Dumaguete Info Search

Why don't Pinoy's like walking ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, May 4, 2011.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    England is enjoying a unusually warm spell for this time of year.
    So at the last Christening party we attended I offered to show a number of the local Pinoy group a safe walk out to the nearby Island of Hilbre.
    We arranged to meet at 3pm at the starting point, within 10 minutes of our intended departure we received 5 phone calls with lame excuses as to why they couldn't make it !
    needless to say my wife and I with just a few friends made the trip out and back feeling much healthier! Hilbre IslandUK
    They missed a good afternoon taking in basking seals on nearby rocks.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The worlds motor Bike Capitol!

:eek: JB, Maybe this will answer your Question? Azon can't walk from UkUk to Lee Plaza. mmmm :confused: Food for thought? Glad you enjoyed it anyway, I feel a little envious! :smile:

Jack P. :wink:

3. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hey Jack a man of the World ( well travelled ) envious?
    Just that it is noticable that whenever the local community of Filipinos go anywhere in the UK they want to just look at things from inside a car!
    Any suggestion that we might see more if we get out the car is met with shock!
    I just wondered if that was the case in PI
    regards Jb

4. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Walking

I have often said that bus / Jeepney / Pedi Cabs should have desiganted places to stop. Would easy traffic problems and save a few accidents. Who has been on a Jeep and someone jumps off only for them to go stop again five yards further up the road for someone else to get off ! Pull out in front of people then quickly slam on the brakes and swerve off the road a minute later ! My ex dorr neighbours gf used to jump on her bike to go to the local sari store, its across the road 10/20 yards away lol :eek:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    There we have It.!

You know JB, it is in their minds, that they have to park as CLOSE! as they can to everything.. 5 metre walk to where they are going, TOP whack. If it is Showering, FORGET it! we will get it tomorrow!:eek: Coffee without milk OH NO! :D

@A. A. :D YEP! we all got one of them too.

Last year, when the Old Cangs was open, We rode across the Road from Rose Pharmacy, it took 6/Mins, in the traffic, walking would be mmm maybe 2, dodging the trikes of course :D Just makes you wonder a little?? 2 PARKING FEES???:rolleyes:

Jack P. :o

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hard Work!

:eek: Hi JB, the traveling is nice BUT the Work is getting harder and harder, as I get older. Still, nice to hear from you! we were talking today, just 2 years and 15 days to go and I can put my feet up. Hence the need to do just a little bit more Now!:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I dont get why you guys accept that. If my lady ever ask for a trike what can be walked in ten minutes she will have a free walk out of my life.

8. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ?

I personaly dont accept just grown to live with it, nothing i can do to change the lazy habits of a nation. Jeeps nearly killing many people daily, people double parking cars so they can get out at their destination when the road is clear 10 yards away. We all used to laugh at our old neighbours gf riding to the shop across the road. My gf got house trained. Im not getting a pedi cad from unitop to McDonalds haha. After a meal on the Boulevard a nice little walk and grab an ice cream for my little boy. She even joined me many times in the morning for a stroll after a wake up cuppa :smile: Im guessing but if you get away with being lazy then you get into the habit :eek:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    aa, I totally agree. Funny that some can't walk from Tops & Bottoms to Unitop but can run 10 hours through robinsons :wink:

When I arrived Dauin a few years back and did my very first trip to dumaguete for some shopping, I had no clue where to go. After getting out from LEE I asked at least 5 people for the mulitcap terminal to Dauin and everybody told me it is too far to walk. I gave up and took a trike to the terminal. After not even 2 minutes we arrived at the terminal and I just could not believe that.

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    on the topic of walking....

While most filipinos are thin (until about 35 or 40 years old) thay are in horrible physical shape. I'm a big (read fat) dude and I walk daily, hike and mountain bike.

Often times I get asked by Filipinos, are you interested to lose some of your weight? It' gives me perfect opportunity to challenge them to a bike ride or a hike with me. ZERO as in non have EVER kept up with me. Most don't even accept the challenge.

their diets of fatty pork, rice and pandesal along with soft drinks keep them in far worse shape than i've ever been in.